The depletion of the Earth's resources is higher than the rate of regenerating resources. This means that we have not chosen a sustainable path of economic development.
The MDG 7 acknowledges that development can be sustained only by environment conservation and recognizes the right of future generations to inherit an environment as preserved as the one that we are enjoying.
Although the rate of depletion of natural resources is decreasing, humanity is unable to protect plant and animal species at the risk of extinction.
South East Asia's contribution to green house gases increased by 82% in the past decade although per capita emissions remain the highest in the developed regions.More than half the population of countries like Sierra Leone and Mozambique remain without access to safe drinking water.
I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following license:
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||14:27, 7 January 2013||51 s, 720 × 404 (2.03 MB)||Rahulkepapa||User created page with UploadWizard|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on en.wikibooks.org
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Goal 7: Ensure environmental sustainability
- Development Cooperation Handbook/The video resources linked to this handbook/Episode 7 - MDG 7: Ensure environmental sustainability
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Community Tourism
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/The Pentecostal Church
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Unsustainable Growth
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Green Hands
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Managing Waste
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Valuing Water
- Category:Book:Development Cooperation Handbook/MDG7
Transcode statusUpdate transcode status
|WebM 360P||357 kbps|
|Completed 15:16, 29 May 2013||36 s|
|WebM 240P||278 kbps|
|Completed 07:29, 22 February 2017||25 s|
|WebM 160P||217 kbps|
|Completed 21:14, 22 February 2017||20 s|