• Shape files infrastructure: railway, highways, water: all originally by OpenStreetMap contributors. Status december 2011
• Label and Insee code commune: from Geofla (note that commune boundaries are also available under free license at geofla, but not near acceptable quality due to extreme simplification!)
• Data for exact commune* and department boundaries: derived via osm download geofabrik.de and osm2pgsql, OpenStreetMap contributors.
• Data for landuse: OSM / Corine land cover, 2006 ()
• Mentioned sources combined and exported for each commune using a script by Michiel1972
*note: shown commune boundaries are from OSM dump May 2012; at that time about 90% complete