File:Morgan-Keenan spectral classification.png
Image depicting the Morgan-Keenan-Kellman spectral classification of main-sequence stars (1943). Sizes taken from the table at the stellar classification article on the English Wikipedia.
- These are main sequence stars only.
- The "floor" is there so we can compare the amount and color of light coming from each star. The light intensity isn't proportional (that'd be rather intense), but is somewhat related to the actual ones.
- Larger stars show more color since these output a lot more on the invisible spectrum. I tried to convey this by making them less white in the middle.
- The star's smoothness and the floor reflection were aesthetic choices.
Rendered using POV-Ray.
Derivative works of this file: Morgan-Keenan spectral classification zoom.png
File:Morgan-Keenan spectral classification.svg is a vector version of this file. It should be used in place of this raster image when not inferior.
File:Morgan-Keenan spectral classification.png File:Morgan-Keenan spectral classification.svg
For more information, see Help:SVG.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||15:31, 5 September 2006||2,117 × 768 (712 KB)||LucasVB||larger labels for better visibility in thumbnails|
|15:25, 5 September 2006||2,117 × 768 (706 KB)||LucasVB||Image depicting the Morgan-Keenan spectral classification of stars. Sizes taken from the table at stellar classification. Rendered using POV-Ray.|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on af.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ar.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ar.wikiversity.org
- Usage on ast.wikipedia.org
- Usage on be.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bn.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on de.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikibooks.org
- Usage on eo.wikipedia.org
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on eu.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fa.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fi.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fr.wikipedia.org
View more global usage of this file.