Simple diagram of nuclear fission. In the first frame, a neutron is about to be captured by the nucleus of a U-235 atom. In the second frame, the neutron has been absorbed and briefly turned the nucleus into a highly excited U-236 atom. In the third frame, the U-236 atom has fissioned, resulting in two fission fragments (Ba-141 and Kr-92) and three neutrons, all with very large amounts of kinetic energy.
Created by Fastfission in Illustrator.
|This work has been released into the public domain by its author, Fastfission. This applies worldwide.|
In some countries this may not be legally possible; if so:
Fastfission grants anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.
If you want to credit someone, credit "Wikimedia Commons". Otherwise don't credit anyone, that's fine by me. --Fastfission 15:02, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||20:58, 13 April 2018||309 × 482 (16 KB)||Andel||code clean-up|
|12:38, 3 May 2010||309 × 482 (33 KB)||Fastfission~commonswiki||trying one more thing to see if the thumbnail rendering issue can't be resolved|
|12:34, 3 May 2010||309 × 482 (34 KB)||Fastfission~commonswiki||cleaning up some very poorly generated SVG....|
|21:47, 22 November 2009||261 × 451 (23 KB)||Wondigoma||cleanup|
|13:37, 28 March 2009||309 × 471 (35 KB)||Pieter Kuiper||Reverted to version as of 01:12, 31 December 2005|
|22:09, 31 December 2005||No thumbnail||(39 KB)||Fastfission~commonswiki||stylistic improvements|
|01:12, 31 December 2005||309 × 471 (35 KB)||Fastfission~commonswiki||== Summary == Simple diagram of nuclear fission. In the first frame, a neutron is about to collide with the nucleus of a U-235 atom. In the second frame, the neutron has been absorbed and briefly turned the neucleus into an unstable U-236 atom. In the thi|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on af.wikipedia.org
- Usage on an.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ar.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ar.wikibooks.org
- Usage on ast.wikipedia.org
- Usage on az.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ba.wikipedia.org
- Usage on be-tarask.wikipedia.org
- Usage on be.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bg.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bn.wikipedia.org
- Usage on br.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ckb.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cv.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cy.wikipedia.org
- Usage on da.wikipedia.org
- Usage on diq.wikipedia.org
- Usage on el.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikibooks.org
- Usage on en.wikiversity.org
- Usage on eo.wikipedia.org
View more global usage of this file.