English: Portrait of Pocahontas, wearing a tall hat, and seen at half-length. Around the oval lettering reads: "MATOAKA AĽS REBECCA FILIA POTENTISS: PRINC: POWHATANI IMP: VIRGINIÆ". Below oval "Ætatis suæ 21. Ao / 1616." Below: "Matoaks aľs (alias) Rebecka daughter to the mighty Prince / Powhâtan Emperour of Attanoughkomouck aľs (alias) virginia / converted and baptized in the Christian faith, and / wife to the wor[shipfu]ll Mr. Joh. Ralff." Engraving by the Dutch and British printmaker and sculptor Simon van de Passe. Courtesy of the British Museum, London.
|Date||dated 1616; print published as early as 1624.|
Original source of this reproduction is unknown. A much better reproduction is available as File:Pocahontas by Simon van de Passe.jpg, from the U.S. Library of Congress.
Pocahontas by Simon van de Passe 1616.jpg</gallery>See also: Pocahontas (after Simon van de Passe - National Portrait Gallery, Washington)
This is a faithful photographic reproduction of a two-dimensional, public domain work of art. The work of art itself is in the public domain for the following reason:
This photographic reproduction is therefore also considered to be in the public domain in the United States. In other jurisdictions, re-use of this content may be restricted; see Reuse of PD-Art photographs for details.
Original upload log
This file was uploaded by Grice to Wikipedia(English-language version) at 08:44, 6 December 2004.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||11:08, 30 January 2006||594 × 770 (215 KB)||Mingwangx||This file was uploaded by Grice to Wikipedia(English-language version) at 08:44, 6 December 2004.|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on ang.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on hr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on hu.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ja.wikipedia.org
- Usage on nrm.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ro.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ru.wikipedia.org
- Usage on sh.wikipedia.org
- Usage on simple.wikipedia.org
- Usage on sq.wikipedia.org
- Usage on uk.wikipedia.org
- Usage on zh.wikipedia.org