File:Santa Ana winds - satellite image.jpg
Original file (1,470 × 1,701 pixels, file size: 327 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
The Santa Ana winds in Southern California sweep down across the deserts and across the Los Angeles Basin pushing dust and smoke from wildfires far out into the Pacific Ocean.
This view from the Multi-angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer shows the pattern of airborne dust stirred up by Santa Ana winds on February 9, 2002. The image is from MISR's 70-degree forward-viewing camera, and airborne particulates are especially visible due to the camera's oblique viewing angle.
Southeast of the Los Angeles Basin, a swirl of dust, probably blown through the Banning Pass, curves toward the ocean near Dana Point. The largest dust cloud occurs near Ensenada, in Baja California, Mexico.
Also visible in this image is a blue-gray smoke plume from a small fire located near the southern flank of Palomar Mountain in Southern California.
This image was acquired during Terra orbit 11423, and represents an area of about 410 kilometers x 511 kilometers.
This image or video was catalogued by Jet Propulsion Laboratory of the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) under Photo ID: PIA03445.
This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.
|Annotations||This image is annotated: View the annotations at Commons|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||17:52, 10 December 2005||1,470 × 1,701 (327 KB)||Saperaud~commonswiki||cropped|
|06:10, 3 September 2005||1,684 × 1,860 (321 KB)||Epolk||The Santa Ana winds in Southern California sweep down across the deserts and across the Los Angeles Basin pushing dust far out into the Pacific Ocean. Courtesy NASA/JPL-Caltech|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on ar.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bg.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cs.wikinews.org
- Usage on de.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikinews.org
- Usage on en.wikiversity.org
- Usage on en.wiktionary.org
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on he.wikipedia.org
- Usage on hi.wikipedia.org
- Usage on it.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ja.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ms.wikipedia.org
- Usage on nah.wikipedia.org
- Usage on nn.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ru.wikipedia.org
- Usage on sq.wikipedia.org
- Usage on zh.wikipedia.org