Original file (946 × 1,102 pixels, file size: 142 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
The Schøyen Collection MS 206, Oslo and London. Hebrew square book script. Iraq, 1st half of 11th c.
- MS in Hebrew and Aramaic on vellum, Iraq, first half of 11th c., 8 ff., 39x33 cm, 2 columns, (25x25 cm), 23 lines in a large Hebrew square book script, by a scribe perhaps originating from the Maghreb (North Africa probably Tunisia).
Provenance: 1. The Genizah of a Kurdistan Jewish community, North Iraq (until 1950/59); 2. Dr. Fischel, U.S.A.(from 1950/59 ; 3. Bernard Rosenthal, San Francisco.
Commentary: The Aramaic translation is verse by verse. Among the earliest group of surviving Hebrew targum Bible MSS in codex form.
Exhibited: XVI Congress of the International Organization for the study of the Old Testament. Library of Law Faculty, University of Oslo, 29 July - 7 August 1998.
Elizabeth G. Sørenssen & Jingru Høivik: photography and formatting.
The text covers Exodus 12:25-31, beginning in Hebrew with the second word. The first word is the end of the Aramaic Targum of v.24; The Targum of v.31 is not complete, presumably continuing on the next page.
This is a faithful photographic reproduction of a two-dimensional, public domain work of art. The work of art itself is in the public domain for the following reason:
This photographic reproduction is therefore also considered to be in the public domain in the United States. In other jurisdictions, re-use of this content may be restricted; see Reuse of PD-Art photographs for details.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||12:24, 2 May 2005||946 × 1,102 (142 KB)||Knutux||The Schøyen Collection MS 206, Oslo and London. Hebrew square book script. Iraq, 1st half of 11th c. : MS in Hebrew and Aramaic on vellum, Iraq, first half of 11th c., 8 ff., 39x33 cm, 2 columns, (25x25 cm), 23 lines in a large Hebrew square book script,|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on als.wikipedia.org
- Usage on an.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ast.wikipedia.org
- Usage on be.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bg.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bn.wikipedia.org
- Usage on br.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cy.wikipedia.org
- Usage on da.wikipedia.org
- Usage on de.wikipedia.org
- Usage on el.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Aramaic language
- Documentary hypothesis
- Textual criticism
- Portal:Religion/Selected scripture
- Portal:Religion/Selected scripture/7
- Charles Fox Burney
- Portal:Bible/Featured article/2008
- Portal:Bible/Featured article/April, 2008
- The Bible and slavery
- Ancient Semitic-speaking peoples
- Usage on en.wikiquote.org
- Usage on eo.wikipedia.org
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
View more global usage of this file.