File:The Shard from the Sky Garden 2015.jpg
From Wikimedia Commons
Original file (5,472 × 10,986 pixels, file size: 16.87 MB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
English: The Shard, taken from the Sky Garden atop the "Walkie-Talkie". A window is open, which allows a crane to lower a box that holds the window cleaners. The people walking at the bottom of this tower are approximately 170 × smaller than the building.
Photographer's notes: The image is stitched from 28 landscape-orientation frames in three columns. The viewpoint is the balcony of the "Sky Garden" at the top of the Walkie-Talkie. This is approximately halfway up the 306m Shard and 750m distant. A Sony A77II camera was used with Sony 55-300mm lens at 160mm. The exposure was f/5.6, 1/1000s and ISO 200. The camera has hand-held and, although the balcony is "outside", the view is behind glass that appears to have a slightly blue tint. These factors necessitated some downsizing of the final stitch to achieve a high quality image.
(required by the licence)
|© User:Colin / Wikimedia Commons /|
|Camera location||View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth|
|NOTE: This image is a panorama consisting of 28 frames that were merged in Hugin. As a result, this image necessarily underwent some form of digital manipulation. These manipulations may include blending, blurring, cloning, and colour and perspective adjustments. As a result of these adjustments, the image content may be slightly different than reality at the points where multiple images were combined. This manipulation is often required due to lens, perspective, and parallax distortions.
I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following licence:
|The photographic reproduction of this work is covered under United Kingdom law (Section 62 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988), which states that it is not an infringement to take photographs of buildings, or of sculptures, models for buildings, or works of artistic craftsmanship permanently located in a public place or in premises open to the public. This does not apply to two-dimensional graphic works such as posters or murals. See Commons:Freedom of panorama#United Kingdom for more information.
|Annotations||This image is annotated: View the annotations at Commons|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||20:49, 4 May 2015||5,472 × 10,986 (16.87 MB)||Colin||White balance|
|19:56, 4 May 2015||5,472 × 10,986 (16.72 MB)||Colin||User created page with UploadWizard|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
Global file usage
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on af.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ar.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Renzo Piano
- List of tallest buildings and structures in London
- The Shard
- User talk:Colin
- Contemporary architecture
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures/Places/Architecture
- List of tallest buildings in the United Kingdom
- List of tallest buildings by United Kingdom settlement
- List of works by Renzo Piano
- User talk:National Names 2000
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures thumbs 52
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/May-2015
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/The Shard from the Sky Garden 2015.jpg
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2015-06-10/Featured content
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/Single/2015-06-10
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on hu.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pt.wikipedia.org
- Usage on simple.wikipedia.org
- Usage on sl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on tr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on uk.wikipedia.org
- Usage on www.wikidata.org