File:Verboten Zeitung 1933.jpg
Scan of front (and only) page of Das Andere Deutschland, March 11, 1933, announcing the weekly newspaper's ban by the provincial criminal police president in Berlin, on the grounds of "public security and order." The ban took place under the authority of the Reichstag Fire Decree (Verordnung des Reichspräsidenten zum Schutze von Volk und Staat) and, though the stated duration of the paper's ban was three months, subsequent measures in the Nazis' consolidation of power cast doubt as to whether it ever appeared again.
THE OTHER GERMANY
FOR DECIDED REPUBLICAN POLITICS / SERVING NO PARTY
Berlin, Saturday, 11 March 1933
The Chief of Police State Criminal Police Office
Berlin, 3 March 1933
On the basis of §1 of the Decree of the Reich President for the Protection of People and State of 28 February 1933, I forbid in the interest of public security and order the publication of the weekly newspaper
"The Other Germany"
for a period of 3 months.
Offences are punishable under §4 of the Ordinance.
I.V. signed: [Rudolf] Diels
At the publishing house "The Other Germany" Berlin W 57
For correct copy:
Of note is the signature of Rudolf Diels. Das Andere Deutschland was shut down roughly one month prior to Diels becoming chief of the Gestapo; at this time he was head of the Prussian political police in Berlin.
Scan from newspaper in contributor's own collection.
|This image is in the public domain according to German copyright law because it is part of a statute, ordinance, official decree or judgment (official work) issued by a German authority or court (§ 5 Abs.1 UrhG).
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||20:12, 7 January 2006||528 × 797 (230 KB)||JonRoma~commonswiki||Scan of front (and only) page of "Das Andere Deutschland", 11 March 1933, announcing the weekly newspaper's banning on grounds of "public security and order" under the authority of the Reichstag Fire Decree (Verordnung des Reichspräsidenten zum Schutze v|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on cs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on da.wikipedia.org
- Usage on de.wikipedia.org
- Usage on el.wikipedia.org
- Usage on en.wikipedia.org
- Usage on es.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fi.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on fy.wikipedia.org
- Usage on he.wikipedia.org
- Usage on id.wikipedia.org
- Usage on nl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on no.wikipedia.org
- Usage on pl.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ro.wikipedia.org
- Usage on sr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on sv.wikipedia.org
- Usage on th.wikipedia.org
- Usage on zh.wikipedia.org