File:View from south of barn - Melrose Plantation, Creole Barn, State Highway 119, Melrose, Natchitoches Parish, LA HABS LA,35-MELRO,1E-2.tif

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Original file(4,946 × 3,558 pixels, file size: 16.79 MB, MIME type: image/tiff)

Summary[edit]

Title View from south of barn - Melrose Plantation, Creole Barn, State Highway 119, Melrose, Natchitoches Parish, LA
Description Coin-Coin, Marie Theresa; Metoyer, Claude Thomas, Pierre; Robbins, John; Martin, F Lestar, faculty sponsor; Louisiana Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism, Division of Historic Preservation, sponsor; Louisiana Tech University, sponsor; Cane River National Heritage Area Commission, sponsor; Morgan, Nancy I, M, sponsor; Price, Virginia Barrett, transmitter; Brocato, Isabel, delineator; Gingles, Marjorie, delineator; Lesur, Rene, delineator; McGuire, Joey, delineator; Michel, Chad, delineator; Boucher, Jack E, photographer
Depicted place Louisiana; Natchitoches Parish; Melrose
Date Documentation compiled after 1933
Dimensions 5 x 7 in.
Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
Accession number HABS LA,35-MELRO,1E-2
Credit line
Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) Team.jpg This file comes from the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS), Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) or Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS). These are programs of the National Park Service established for the purpose of documenting historic places. Records consist of measured drawings, archival photographs, and written reports.

This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.

Notes
  • 1999 Charles E. Peterson Prize, Second Place
  • Significance: Melrose Creole Barn was constructed circa 1810 as a single room storage barn surrounded on four sides by a hipped roof gallery. Although the central room was floored on piers and beams, the gallery had an earth floor. In the mid-19th century the storage room was extended to include the end galleries. A major restoration in 1996 by John Robbins preserved its configuration; the flooring and gallery posts were replaced and the gallery floor bricked.
  • Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N606
  • Survey number: HABS LA-2-69-E
  • Building/structure dates: ca. 1810 Initial Construction
  • Building/structure dates: 1996 Subsequent Work
Source https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/la0416.photos.204884p
Permission
(Reusing this file)
Public domain This image or media file contains material based on a work of a National Park Service employee, created as part of that person's official duties. As a work of the U.S. federal government, such work is in the public domain in the United States. See the NPS website and NPS copyright policy for more information.
US-NationalParkService-ShadedLogo.svg

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current00:23, 18 July 2014Thumbnail for version as of 00:23, 18 July 20144,946 × 3,558 (16.79 MB) (talk | contribs)GWToolset: Creating mediafile for Fæ. HABS 17 July 2014 (1401:1600)
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

There are no pages that use this file.

Metadata