General diagram types
- See also: Specific diagram types
General diagram types are diagrams with specific shapes and methodology present with multiple specific types in multiple fields of application.
|Block diagram||Cycle diagram||Cluster diagram||Ladder diagram||Network diagram|
|Round diagram||Spiral diagram||Timeline||Tree diagram||Triangular diagram|
|General diagram shapes|
There are two general types here:
- General diagram shapes with a typical basic shape, and
- General concept diagram with a typical basic concept
This is not a general accepted classification of diagrams. It is made here to give an impression of the types of diagrams in the Wikimedia Commons at present.
General diagram shapes
Basic or general diagrams shapes here are diagrams with a typical basic shape.
- Overview of diagrams constructed in some type of general shape
From left to right
From top to bottom
Diagrams representing a cycle. See Category:Cycle diagrams
Diagrams in some shapes of a ladder, with two or more spots. See Category:Ladder diagrams
Neural network diagram
Diagrams in a round shape. See Category:Round diagrams
Diagrams representing a spiral shape. See Category:Spiral diagrams
Diagrams in a triangular shape. See Category:Triangular diagrams
General concept diagrams
Basic or general diagrams with a typical basic concept, present in multple fields of application.
- Overview of the types of diagrams, representing a general concept
A diagram showing how CUPS works
Controled process chain
Diagrams that compare objects between themselves, for example to show the largest planes or buildings. See Category:Comparison diagrams
Complex flow diagram
- See also
- w:Cash flow diagram
- w:Data flow diagram
- w:Fundamental diagram of traffic flow
- w:Information flow diagram
- w:Nassi-Shneiderman diagram, see Category:Nassi-Shneiderman diagrams
- w:Process Flow diagram
- w:Sankey diagram
- w:State diagram
- Abstract versus illustrated diagrams
- Spatial versus non spatial diagrams
- Statical versus dynamical diagrams
- is precedence diagram means flow diagram?