Category:Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir (Dogri: जम्मू और कश्मीर; Urdu: مقبوضہ کشمیر) is the northernmost state of India. It is situated mostly in the Himalayan mountains. Jammu and Kashmir shares a border with the states of Himachal Pradesh and Doab to the south and with the People's Republic of China to the north and east and the Pakistani administered territories of Azad Jammu and Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan, to the west and northwest respectively. Jammu and Kashmir consists of three regions: Jammu, the Kashmir valley and Ladakh. Srinagar is the summer capital, and Jammu its winter capital. While the Kashmir valley, often known as "Paradise on Earth", is famous for its beautiful mountainous landscape, Jammu's numerous shrines attracts tens of thousands of Hindu and Muslim pilgrims every year. Ladakh, also known as "Little Tibet", is renowned for its remote mountain beauty and Buddhist culture.
This category has the following 23 subcategories, out of 23 total.
- ► Cities and villages in Jammu and Kashmir (19 C)
- ► Unidentified locations in Jammu and Kashmir (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Architecture of Jammu and Kashmir (6 C)
- ► Culture of Jammu and Kashmir (14 C, 6 F)
- ► Districts of Jammu and Kashmir (19 C, 8 F)
- ► Geography of Jammu and Kashmir (27 C, 7 F)
- ► Valued images of Jammu and Kashmir (1 F)
- ► Nature of Jammu and Kashmir (11 C, 9 F)
Pages in category "Jammu and Kashmir"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Jammu and Kashmir"
The following 22 files are in this category, out of 22 total.
- A man with his Shikara...
- Book of Akbar WDL4075.pdf
- Commentary of Husayn W...
- Doctor prescribing med...
- General Rajah Sir Amar...
- Hard Cover, Qadeem lad...
- Heritage Ruins.jpg
- Inner Cover of Qadeem...
- Jamia masjid shopian.jpg
- Jammu and Kashmir Race...
- Kacho Sikander Khan Si...
- Kashmir Railway JUSBRL...
- Letters by ‘Alī Ḥ...
- Mangyu 011.jpg
- Paddy Fields Near Fate...
- The Great History of t...
- Treatise on the Rules...