Lidice is a village in the Czech Republic, 20 km nortwest of Prague, that was completely eradicated by the Nazis during World War II (10th June 1942). All adult men were shot, women shipped to the Ravensbrück concentration camp and most of the children gassed. All together 340 people were killed (192 men, 60 women and 88 children).
The site of the destroyed village is a memorial with museum today and the new Lidice was rebuilt after war in close vicinity, several hundred metres to the west. The current population is 451 (2003).