Manipur (Meitei: মণিপুর maṇipur) is a state in North-East India, with the city of Imphal as its capital. Manipur is bounded by the Indian states of Nagaland to the north, Mizoram to the south and Assam to the west; it also borders Myanmar to the east. It covers an area of 22,347 square kilometres (8,628 sq mi). The Meiteis (Meeteis), who live primarily in the state's valley region, form the primary ethnic group. Foreigners entering Manipur (including foreign citizens born in Manipur) must possess a Restricted Area Permit, which can be obtained from the Foreigners' Regional Registration Office in the "metros" (Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai) or certain other state government offices. Permits are valid for only 10 days, and visitors must travel only on tours arranged by authorised travel agents, in groups of four. Furthermore, they may come to Imphal only by air and are not permitted to travel outside the capital.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Cities and villages in Manipur (3 C, 2 F)
- ► Architecture of Manipur (3 C)
- ► Culture of Manipur (8 C, 9 F)
- ► Featured pictures of Manipur (1 F)
- ► Geography of Manipur (7 C, 13 F)
- ► History of Manipur (7 C, 6 F)
- ► Imphal (14 C, 1 P, 27 F)
- ► Nature of Manipur (3 C, 5 F)
- ► Sports in Manipur (1 C, 4 F)
Media in category "Manipur"
The following 16 files are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Chahao kheer.jpg 2.22 MB
- INA War.jpeg 469 KB
- Manipur Rituals.jpeg 729 KB
- Manipur Zoo.jpeg 981 KB
- Manipur-State-Museum.jpg 21 KB
- Manipuri girls.jpg 760 KB
- Moirang Phee.png 358 KB
- Ningol-chakkouba.jpg 4.47 MB
- Paddy fields manipur.jpg 482 KB
- Sihai Khullen.jpg 18 KB
- View-of-New-Karong.jpg 1.21 MB
- Wangkhei Phee.png 333 KB