person who performs or composes music
- An instrumentalist plays a musical instrument.
- A singer (or vocalist) uses his or her voice as an instrument.
- Composers, songwriters and arrangers create musical compositions, songs and arrangements. These may be transcribed in music notation, performed or recorded.
- A conductor leads a musical ensemble. A conductor can simultaneously act as an instrumentalist in the ensemble.
- A recording artist creates recorded music, such as CDs and MP3 files.
Mstislav Rostropovich, cellist
Professor Jiggs Whigham, an internationally acclaimed jazz trombonist
Ballaké Sissoko est un musicien malien, joueur de Kora.
Ray Lema at the Cinémathèque française
A British military band
Anoushka Shankar, sitarist
Group Hanggai from China
Violinist Diana Yukawa
Silu Seppälä of Leningrad Cowboys, playing bass balalaika
American hardanger fiddle player Loretta Kelley
Tony Overwater, jazz bassist