- Key to the columns
- Frequency of use. E.g. №1 is the commonest character, 的.
- The character in question. The link will take you to its entry in the English Wiktionary.
- The stroke count of the character. E.g. 的 has 8 strokes.
- The stroke order of the character by means of a row of partial characters.
- The stroke order of the character by means of a range of shades of red.
- The stroke order of the character by means of an animation.
- Checking. "OK" means the stroke order is definitely correct. "?" means it has not be checked yet.
- A link to an external site with GIF images of the character in various scripts.
- A cross (✗) indicates that there is no image yet.