|The "Copyright Act" (1992-2016-present) Article 58 states that:
- Artistic works or architectural works displayed on a long-term basis on streets, in parks, on outside walls of buildings, or other outdoor locales open to the public, may be exploited by any means except under the following circumstances:
- Reproduction of a building by construction of another building.
- Reproduction of a work of sculpture by production of another sculpture.
- Reproduction for the purpose of long-term public display in locales specified in this article.
- Reproduction of artistic works solely for the purpose of selling copies.
Reproductions of artistic works are thus only for non-commercial purposes; therefore, such photographs are not free enough for Commons.
See Commons:Freedom of Panorama#Taiwan for more information.