Template talk:Really unused list
A few suggestions about making this list better the next time it is created:
- treat non-ascii-characters correctly
- also list images that are used only by user-pages, talk-pages, etc. All images should be present on page in the main namespace, or in a category. Some users maintain galeries of their images, but do not make them available otherwise - we miss those at the moment, I think.
- put untagged images into a separate list, because many of them will have to be deleted. Sort that list by uploading user to make it easier to contact them, and for them to find bad images.
- list users that did not categorize their images, so we can ask them about it (best, sort that list by number of images)
please add more suggestions! -- Duesentrieb 20:28, 28 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- how about having a bot that if an upload remains unplaced for a week puts a nice big watermark on it ;) Plugwash 00:26, 29 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- a bot that analyzises the image contents and automatically places it into the correct categories?. should be fairly easy to code... =) . more seriously it would be good if the list could be updated regularly but without losing the information (lang req/notes) on images still to be categorised. -- wombat 02:42, 1 Feb 2005 (UTC)
I have a fresh list of really unused images on my box now, nearly 9000 entries. I have put up a test page showing entries up to the letter D here: User:Duesentrieb/really_unused - please have a look and tell me what you think on my lak page. I have sorted the images by uploaded, because i feel we should try to get people to clean up their mess. I hope you'll help me with this. Thanks! -- Duesentrieb 19:57, 7 Apr 2005 (UTC)