Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Therese Charlotte Luise of Saxony-Hildburghausen (more common as Therese of Bavaria) (8 July, 1792 in Seidingstadt (Castle in the duchy of Saxe-Hildburghausen) - 26 October 1854 in Munich) was queen of Bavaria. In 1810 she married the Bavarian crown prince Ludwig. The wedding was the occasion of the first ever Oktoberfest.
Engraving by Carl Barth (1787-1853). From another painting by Joseph Karl Stieler, year: 1830
She was the mother of:
- Maximilian II of Bavaria (1811-1864)
- Mathilde, who married Louis III, Grand Duke of Hesse (1806-1877)
- Otto (1815-1867), who became king of Greece in 1832.
- Theodelinde, Princess of Bavaria (1816-1817)
- Luitpold, Prince Regent of Bavaria (1821-1912)
- Adelgunde (1823-1914), who married Francis V, Duke of Modena (1819-1875).
- Hildegard (1825-1864), who married Archduke Albrecht, Duke of Teschen (1817-1895) Duke of Tuscany.
- Adalbert (1828-1875)