User:3247's Image Wizard
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
This bot account has the following purposes:
- creation of series of similar images (e.g. Bundesstraßen numbers).
- mass changes to the description of these images (esp. categorising)
It is also supposed to become a testbed for WWW::MediaWikiOO.
Some categories or projects need images that are very similar, e.g. they only differ in some regular features. Often, it is much quicker to write a program that creates such images. The purpose of computers is doing stupid things over and over after all. Of course, if you have a lot of similar images, there's also the need to manage them efficiently (e.g. change the categories, descriptions, etc.) Again, this is better done by bots.
If you want me to create some images, just ask. However, please keep the following in mind:
- The larger the number of images to be created, the better. For fewer than 50 images, it is often quicker to create them manually (this depends on the complexity of the images and the changes).
- The amount of time it takes to create a script depends on many factors. It is possible that tasks that seem to be easy aren't (and vice-versa!).
- Unfortunatly, I can't promise that I'll find enough time to handle every task.
Currently working on
- ISO 639 icons; creating icons ISO_639_icon_XX.svg; improving existing versions; moving everything in this category.
- Diagrams of road signs of Germany (plus subcats, well actually, the bot did the obsolete PNG versions in Road signs of Germany but is supposed to upload new vector versions created from official data)
- Autobahn numbers
- Bundesstraßen numbers
There's nothing more to do here.