|This is a Wikimedia Commons user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wikimedia Commons, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at .
I started on Commons after moving some images here from Wikipedia when I discovered the source was in the public domain. Since then I've been adding and migrating a few more photographs and screenshots from public domain film serials. I've uploaded some audiobooks from LibriVox for inclusion in Wikisource texts (and possibly some Wikipedia articles). I've some added scanned texts for proofreading on Wikisource and I have even tried scanning some pulp magazines myself (which are not great but not too bad).
Useful links for uploading files:
- url2commons (Magnus)
- flickr2commons (Magnus)
- geograph2commons (Magnus)
- iaUploadBot Internet Archive upload bot (TPT)
- commonshelper Move-to-commons assistant (Magnus)
Filter bulk uploads through: Category:Temporary holding category (AdamBMorgan)
Time to kill
Things to categorise:
- Category:Images from the Geograph British Isles project needing categories by grid square
- Category:Picturing Canada images not yet categorised
- Category:Images from MoD uploaded by Fæ (check needed)
- Many in Category:British Army 1939-1945 need categorisation
The bulk upload tool Commonist insists on creating a gallery for everything it uploads. Originally, I wouldn't have created one myself but this auto-generated page turned out to be quite useful so now I have more:
- Main gallery, created by Commonist
- Secondary gallery, with no thumbnails (items moved from the main gallery as appropriate)
- Britain Loves Wikipedia gallery, for my BLW images and related files
Related to this, I have a user category:
Areas of interest
Quick links and info.
- Temp links RE: GBBF: GBBF05
I am in the middle of uploading several pulp magazine covers and similar files. I found these on my hard drive and I am honestly not sure of by I came by them. However, I have been checking them off against the Online Book Pages' copyright records and all uploaded files should be in the public domain. Both checking and uploading can take time; it might be months before I am finished with these files.
The following are scans of pulp magazines I've made using a digital camera and a homemade V-cradle, followed by some processing with GIMP. The quality isn't professional but they are usable. I hope to get better with practice.
After uploading some audiobooks from LibriVox, I noticed that a lot of existing files from that source were on Commons but not categorised under particular LibriVox collections (and in many cases, not categorised at all). This made it hard to see what had been done and what needed to be done; so, I have been trying to find existing files and categorising them appropriately based on the collection from which they come. I think this is mostly done now but there might be a few still drifting around Commons.
My uploads (not including categories I have created just for existing files) to date are listed on my LibriVox subpage.
Sorting, organising and filling out gaps in the coverage of cosplay. Sort by con (+year where available) & subject (& cosplayer name where possible).
- Cosplay / Category:Cosplay
- Cons: AX, C2E2, CK, DC, LBCC, MCM, NYCC, SDCC, SWC, WC
- Misc: Con, Origin, Type, Year
- Spanish (es):
| imagen = FILENAME.jpgand
|pie_imagen = [[Cosplay|Cosplayer]] personificando a NAME; eg. es:Categoría:Superhéroes
- French (fr):
| image = FILENAME.jpgand
| légende = [[Cosplay]] de NAME; eg. fr:Catégorie:Super-héros
- Dutch (nl):
| afbeelding = FILENAME.jpg; eg. nl:Categorie:Superheld
- Swedish (sv):
| bild = FILENAME.jpgand
| bildtext = En person utklädd till NAME; eg. sv:Kategori:Superhjältar
- Spanish (es):
- Flickr sets with potential for harvesting for cosplay images: SDCC14, AX15, Montreal15 (B, C), DC13, DC13, WWCle15, Kat, Kat15, MIA15, DC14, ECC15, (C2E2 13), (Del12/scene only), Tor14, LBCC12, C2E2 11, (C2E2 2012/loose), C2E2 12, C2E2 12, C2E2 12, C2E2 11, C2E2 11, DC14, DC11, DC11, ALA15, AX15, AX15, AX15, AX10, LFCC11, LFCC13, Kapow11, ECEE14, CX11-12, CX15, VFX12, CCEE14/partial, CCEE12, CCEE11, BW15, BW13, Arm12, SN12, SN11, WWStL14, WWPhi13, Tor12, WWTor12, Tor11, WWLA04, CCA10, SDCC11, SDCC10, SDCC09, SDCC08, SDCC07, SDCC06, (SDCC05/scene only), WC13, WC12, AX14, AX13, AX11, AX10, AX09, AX08, ALA15, CK13, WWChi12, C2E212, WWPhi11, WWLou14, WWPhi15, WWCle15, WWCol14, AC11, ECC10, ECC11, ECC11, Gal10, Gal11, DC09, SDCC03, Gal09, Gal12, Gal10, SDCC09, Gal12, DC12, CK11, Car14/partial, Car14, Man14, GGC13, GGC11, ECC11, MCMSco14, Sco13/loose, Sco14/loose, NYCC14, SLCC13, MC11, MC11, MC12, MC12, MC13, MC14, MC14, MC09, MC09, MC07, MC06, D23 15, BACC15, SENYC15, MTAC12, AWA14, DC14, Hama14, AWA12, DC13, ABC13, MTAC13, Kat13, DC12/some done, Momo12, AWA11, MTAC11, AWA10, MTAC10 (B), ASE12, MTAC09, DC15, DC15, DC15 (B, C, D, E), DC15, BCC15, DC13, DC12, DC11, DC10 (B), PHX11, DC15, DC15, DC15, DC15, DC15, MCM07, MCM09, (scene), MCM10, MCM10, MCM11m/partial, MCM11o/partial, MCM12m, MCM12o, MCM13m, MCM11o/partial, SA15, FExC12, FExC14, SDCC15 (B), SDCC13, SDCC12, SDCC11 (B), SDCC-var, SDCC10, SDCC09 (B, C, D, E) SDCC08 (+panels in other albums), SDCC06, Pax13, Pax11, Pax10, Pax13, Pax15, FExCan13
- Odd ones: , , , , , , , ,