More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:09072008832Shlyah.jpg was uncategorized on 24 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:16, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
Please help translate
Hello Folkerman, thanks for helping to translate the 2012 Picture of the Year contest. We still need help translating the contest interface and messages, along with reviewing existing translations. This page contains information about which pages need to be translated (please remember to take a look at all three tables on that page). Your help is really appreciated and helps make the premier competition on the world's largest collection of over 15 million freely licensed files possible.