From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Taken from Commons:Freedom_of_panorama.
|Outdoor public places||Outdoor public places
some indoor places
|Any public place including museums with admissions charges|
|No Freedom of Panorama||Afghanistan, Albania, Andorra, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Congo (DR), Costa Rica, Estonia, Ethiopia, France, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mali, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Zambia (61)||
|Architecture||Argentina, Denmark, Finland, Japan, Norway, Russia, Taiwan, USA (8)||
|All 3D works||Macedonia, Moldava (2)||Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Singapore, UK (10)
|Any artistic work
but not text
|Belgium, Chile, China, Cuba, Czech Republic, Egypt, Hungary, Sweden, Thailand , Turkey, Uganda, Venezuela (12)||Algeria, Austria, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, The Netherlands, Peru, Uruguay, Vietnam (9)||Armenia, Bahamas, Belize, Israel, Kenya, Malaysia, Pakistan (7)
|Any copyrighted work
|Dominican Republic, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland (7)||Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Nigeria, North Korea, Slovakia (6)|
Unless otherwise noted, it is required that the installation be permanent.
- Denmark's law refers to "buildings" without any restriction as to location
- "...kept in a public place."
- China requires that the Creator and the Title of the work be shown in any use under the FOP rule
- But not maps or information boards, which are considered literature.
- All architectural works are covered, whether in public or not. Other artistic works must be in a public place. Permanent installation is not required for any work.
- Schools, opera buildings, entrance halls of buildings, and museums are not public places, but railway stations are. Admission may not be charged. Photographs, maps, applied art and industrial design, and models are not included.
- but not drawings, paintings, engravings, lithography, maps, charts
- An artistic work situated in a place where it can be viewed by the public, temporary or permanent
- "Permanently situated in a place where it can be viewed by the public"
- The photographer must be in an outdoor public place. Use of aircraft and ladders, among other things, disqualify an image.
- "en parques, calles, plazas u otras vías públicas"
- Law says "... permanently located on streets, squares, parks or other places accessible to public..."
- But not all indoor places
- The law says, "permanently situated in a place where it can be viewed by the public"
- The law says "Any public place" but does not specify further.