Conditions of re-use
If you wish to use one of my pictures in a published work, first refer to the relevant description page to check its precise status:
- Pictures in the Public Domain can be used for any purpose, including commercial use, and without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law. Please note that many national legislations recognize the right for the author to receive proper credit for their work. Legal requirements notwithstanding, I expect to be credited as a common courtesy.
- Pictures under the CC-BY licence can be used for any purpose, including commercial use, as long as you credit their author.
In both cases, you can use my pictures without requesting any authorisation. However, I can provide a personal authorisation, if needed, upon request by mail. I will also be happy to hear from you if you reuse my pictures.
Credit should be given as follows wherever convenient:
© Marie-Lan Nguyen / Wikimedia Commons
I warrant that:
- the pictures mentioning my name as author are indeed my own work;
- my pictures represent:
- a work whose copyright expired;
- a copyrighted work, permanently installed in a public space, in a country allowing freedom of panorama;
- a person during a public event;
- my pictures are irrevocably released under a free license.
To the best of my knowledge, my pictures do not infringe the copyright or any other personal or property rights of any person or third party. I will give no further warranty.
My pictures are free in every meaning of the word. If you feel that every work deserves a payment, consider making a donation to the Wikimedia Foundation, which supports this website.
How to contact me
My e-mail address is: email@example.com