User talk:Jeff G.
Welcome to my user talk page!
|Current Monthly Archive
(redlinked the first week
- 1 Welcome to my user talk page!
- 2 Maintenance
- 3 Comments
I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following licenses:
You may select the license of your choice.
Wiki Loves Monuments en Venezuela 2017
Después de cuatro años de ausencia, te invitamos a participar del concurso de fotografía ganador del premio Guinness: Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 en Venezuela. Ayúdanos a preservar el patrimonio construido nacional, fotografía un monumento y gana premios!
- ¿Cómo participar? Revisa con cuidado las reglas de participación, no es necesario que la fotografía sea actual, pero si es importante subirla de acá al 30 de septiembre.
- ¿Conoces a algún fotógrafo interesado? Riega la voz, recuerda que nuestra misión es rescatar el patrimonio construido, viéndolo como parte importante del conocimiento que se pretende recoger y difundir en nuestro país.
¿Tienes alguna pregunta sobre el concurso? Envíanos un mensaje a infowikimedia.org.ve. Oscar_. (talk) 15:51, 4 September 2017 (UTC) (Puedes suscribirse o darte de baja de futuras notificaciones de eventos en Venezuela añadiendo o quitando tu nombre de esta lista)
Commons File History Again!
Hello Jeff -- Tell me I'm not crazy, but from here it looks as if the exact opposite bug has now appeared in Commons "file history" tables. I'm seeing comments for all the old versions of a file, but no comments for the current version. Maybe it's just a fleeting mid-maintenance bug of some kind, but I plan to step away from the project for a day or two and can't keep checking. Do you see it too? Regards -- WikiPedant (talk) 05:33, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
- @WikiPedant: You are not crazy. I'm seeing it too. I reported it in phab:T175444#3607775. — Jeff G. ツ 13:05, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
Your perplexing response to the GPL
I believe your vote at Commons:Deletion requests/Files in Category:Battle for Wesnoth title screen has aimed to mislead the administrators into keeping the file or makes no regard to the license conditions, whether intentional/willful or not. The deletion request was never about proof of something previously being licensed under X or Y, but GPLv2+ license compliance. Those files being under GPLv2+ was already established in the previous deletion request.
Any proposals should not have their outcome dependent on the results of votes, but well made arguments. It's not a voting contest.
- A Practical Guide to GPL Compliance. Software Freedom Law Center. Retrieved on 2017-09-15.
- II A Practical Guide to GPL Compliance. copyleft.org. Retrieved on 2017-09-15.
- The GNU General Public License v3.0. GNU Project. Retrieved on 2017-09-15.
- GNU General Public License v2.0. GNU Project. Retrieved on 2017-09-15.
Please read. 2001:2003:54FA:2751:0:0:0:1 03:08, 15 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Kong of Lasers: Ok, but please explain such edits in the edit summary, choose a different dream car photo for your userpage, and use your actual username in your signature. — Jeff G. ツ 01:02, 19 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Jeff G.: Tell User:W.carter too then. And what's wrong with the photo? --Talk to Kong of Lasers 04:18, 19 September 2017 (UTC)
Personal attack on The Rejector?
I only wrote "What do you want to do?" on his user talk, because he had continued to vandalize. I did not use offensive words: he wrote that accusation in order to save him from being blocked!--Cats' photos (talk) 01:05, 19 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Cats' photos: I wrote you about a different edit. — Jeff G. ツ 01:10, 19 September 2017 (UTC)
- The removal of the report about me on the Administrators' noticeboard/Vandalism? I made that modification, because The Rejector had removed my report, but your template is about personal attacks.--Cats' photos (talk) 01:21, 19 September 2017 (UTC)
International Harvester trucks vs International trucks
Hello Jeff G.
I saw that you showed interest in the International Harvester trucks vs International trucks "affair". Feel free to give your opinion in the corresponding discussion.
Regards. -- BarnCas (talk) 04:21, 21 September 2017 (UTC)
- @BarnCas: I did at Commons:Categories for discussion/2017/09/Category:International Harvester trucks#New merge target, I hope you like it. — Jeff G. ツ 13:01, 21 September 2017 (UTC)
Hello, I am the "argumentative senior". I stalked you from Commons, I didn't know anybody else had been here until I got here.
I am trying to start a discussion at: Are International Harvester trucks branded "International"? I would love it if you would stop by.
Warning! I posted this after I saw your opinion. I do not object in any way to you changing or modifying it. I would just like it. But of course it looks like I am recruiting like opinions, so please keep that in mind. If you don't want to get involved, don't. I won't ping you or anything, you don't even have to answer here. I'll see you if you show up. Thank you. Sammy D III (talk) 16:32, 21 September 2017 (UTC)