Jump to navigation Jump to search
- These are Not OK to upload to Commons (unless published under a free license by the copyright holder), because they are above the threshold of originality required for copyright protection.
- American Airlines flight symbol VA0002130520; Copyright Office initially refused copyright as being just below the threshold, but upon a higher-resolution submission of the artwork, decided that the shading plus the arrangement pushed the logo just above the threshold and granted a registration.
- These two "no soliciting" signs, although arguably relatively simple, have been issued copyright registration numbers by the United States Copyright Office, which means that they have been reviewed and determined to be eligible for copyright protection. It should be noted that the copyright registration applies to the images as a whole, including their borders.
- A variant of File:CarCreditCity.png with an extra border.
- w:File:Disney Junior.svg (VA0001927957).
- w:File:Prince logo.svg (VA0000832222).
- The “Omega Globe Design” (VAu000574660) was assumed to be copyrightable by the Ninth Circuit US Court of Appeals.
- Works from other countries which are above the threshold of originality of the United States but below the threshold of originality of the source country (Hasbro Bradley, Inc. v. Sparkle Toys, Inc.)
- New "pan and scan" versions of films where a widescreen film has been resized to fit the size of a TV screen even if the existing widescreen film is uncopyrighted (Maljack Productions, Inc. v. UAV Corp.)
- In 1951, this mezzotint reproduction of an existing uncopyrighted painting was found to be copyrightable.
- The clothing designs found on pp. 4–5 of the Sixth Circuit's decision in Varsity Brands et al. v. Star Athletica (2015).
- The PAC 12 shield logo en:File:Pac-12 logo.svg (V3617D047).
Android Robot VA0001789579 But Google licensed under the CC-BY 3.0
- File:Five-element-cycles.jpg (): The arrangement is under a copyright, according to WMF Legal.
- w:File:BP Helios logo.svg is eligible for copyright in the US according to WMF legal, though "not by a lot, but just enough". Note that per Commons policy due to the country of origin this logo would be judged by UK TOO standards which are more strict, legal only commented on the US TOO.
- w:File:NVIDIA_logo.svg (DR)
- Most App icon and computer icon of a computer program.
- w:File:Texas Instruments Logo.svg
- Omega S.A., v. Costco Wholesale Corp., 541 F.3d 982, 983.
- Fishman, Stephen (2014) The Public Domain: How to Find & Use Copyright-Free Writings, Music, Art & More, Nolo, p. 183 Retrieved on 29 August 2014. ISBN: 1413320287.