Hi, My name is Adam C and I am 19 years old but Vauxford is my preferred username. I am a avid car spotter and car enthusiast!
I always try and take pictures of cars where they are not often seen on the streets. (My favourites are everyday cars, especially between late 70s, 80s and late 90s) as well the newest models and the latest facelifts of cars.
Why I love them because they were at one point all over our roads and streets and now completely sought after, unwanted or obsolete to owners.
My favourite Vehicle Photographers:
1. Charles01: This man is a legend, why I love his pictures so much is how he took them at the times where these cars were brand new and travelled to other European places like Greece or Germany, ranging between 1970s to early 1990s, its like a time capsulise where you can see a car in a condition you will never see today, no matter how well you restored or cared for it. He also take quality pictures of cars before 1970s and below where he attend classic car shows hosted in fields.
2. Randy43 (Rudolf Stricker): Why I love his work and what inspired me of taking pictures of rare and unique cars both front and rear angle. His work is consist of perfect pictures of European production cars from almost every generation and facelift both front and rear. In the UK, finding a car in the same conditions as the ones in his pictures are extremely rare or non-existent and most of them are rundown with missing wheel caps and spare odd parts while in Germany or other European countries, it seem like people there like to keep there car even though there are newer versions with better technology, performance and fuel economy.
3. IFCAR: An American who pretty much took pictures of every American car on the US roads and car parks imaginable with front view and sometimes rear view as well, whenever you look for that one 80s American boxy sedan or a lazy rebadge that didn't sell very well, he would have taken a picture of it.
4. Navigator84: A french photographer based in China, is another fantastic user from his mass documentation of pictures of every cars produced by Chinese car manufacturers you will see on the road if you ever come to China. Most of them often have generic designs and have no significant characteristic within them but they are super interesting to learn about, and there TONS of different type of cars due the size of China automobile industry these days, it a entirely new field for me to explore.
5. OSX: Australian of IFCAR where he takes pictures of a mix of well-kept European and American cars and cars that only from the land down under. He also upload vast amount of images from Flickr accounts and the same on his alt OSX 2, unfortunately he was blocked indefinitely which made him quit Wikimedia Commons.
6. EurovisionNim An active Australian and Singaporean photographer who take pictures of cars and other vehicles around Australia as well as countries like Singapore.
I also own a library dedicated to the subjects with all the indispensable reference books that been used to create hundred of Wikipedia articles about the history of the motor car.
|Books I Own|
and many more!
In total as of 22th February 2018 I own about 215+ books.