This is a Wikimedia Commons user page. If you find this page on any site other than Wikimedia Commons, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at.
Places I have Lived
I was born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and lived in 11 Canadian cities and towns (Burlington, Thunder Bay, Winnipeg, Surrey, Agincourt, on a farm in rural Brock Township, Peterborough, Guelph, Cambridge, and Calgary) before moving to the United States.
At various points in my sordid past I attended Brock High School, Trent University, Fleming College (from which I graduated as a geological technician), Niagara College and Durham Technical Community College. I'm currently finishing a history degree at North Carolina State University where I was elected to Phi Beta Kappa as a junior. My thesis was on the rise of Smith & Wesson as an example of an early Chandlerian modern enterprise.
Other Stuff About Me
- I was a DJ at CFFF-FM from 1993 through 1995.
- I was a DJ at CFRU-FM from 1999 through 2000.
- I have owned seven different motorcycles.
- I play a Larrivée acoustic guitar and a Fender electric guitar.
- I use a MacBook Pro computer.
- I have traveled to Trinidad and Tobago, France, Iceland, England, Scotland, Canada, the United States, Cuba, the Netherlands and Egypt.
- My great-grandfather, William Helms, was the longtime mayor of Lansdowne, Pennsylvania. We are patrilineal descendants of Israel Helm -- one of the first settlers in Pennsylvania.
- I am related to Betsy Ross through my paternal grandmother (nee Pile).
- We miss our English Springer Spaniel very much. 
Pages I have Contributed to
- Jacob Johnson, the father of former US President Andrew Johnson
- The Observator, a 17th century English newspaper
- The New-England Repertory, a Boston newspaper from the early 19th century.
- Southern States Confederate Currency
- Blues musician Blind Boy Fuller
- Canadian musician Stompin' Tom Connors
- Fleming College, the community college I graduated from in Lindsay, Ontario (there are also campuses in Peterborough, Haliburton, and Cobourg).
- Brock High School, my old high school in Cannington, Ontario.
- Sunderland, Ontario - my hometown.
- Larrivée (guitar company)
- Smith & Wesson Model 1
- Smith & Wesson Model 1 1/2