If you take a picture of everything, you'll never forget anything.
Find me at the English Wikipediaː User:Tdorante10
|To Be Uploaded|
6th Avenue buses
|Hillcrest / Fresh Meadows
Hillcrest Veterans Square
Spring Creek / Gateway Center
Berger Plaza area (Dickey House)
State St (Batter Pk, South Ferry)
|Fulton Center||From the QM7
From the Q65
Hillside Av East
|Woodhaven Boulevard IND||Washington, D.C.||Pier 40|
Because I'm an idiot who didn't know there was an "Uploads" button.
Favorite photos I've taken
Favorite photos of others
To be identified
- Category:Gottscho-Schleisner Collection
- Manhattan categories
- Category:Theatre District, Manhattan
- Search: "Manhatten"
- "Billie Grace Ward" "new york" "media needing"
- "Jazz Guy from New Jersey"
- "Ajay Suresh"
- Category:Photographs by Paul Sableman
To be edited
Pictures to be taken
- Coney Island shops (restaurants)
- Fulton Center shops
- Roosevelt Avenue newsstand, mezzanine, and restrooms
- 71-Continental mezzanine and the Q23
- 75th Av IND mezzanine
- Hillside Avenue street grates ✓
- FK Lane HS from 75 St-Elderts ✓✓
- ENY Yard from Broadway Junction (Canarsie)
- DeWitt Clinton HS from Mosholu Parkway (IRT Jerome)
- Mets-Willets Point eastern (closed) station house
- Far Rockaway HS from Beach 25th Street-Wavecrest
- 164th Street trolley remnants (Q65)
- 164th St and 85th Avenue (Glenn Road)
- Parsons Boulevard and 87th Avenue (Hillcrest High School)
- 89th Avenue west of Parsons Boulevard (Burdette Place)
- Bx6 SBS ✓
- Q52/Q53 before and after SBS ✓ ✓
- M23 SBS ✓
- S89 ✓
- Bx23/Q50 bike racks ✓
- B15 ✓
- Q48 ✓ ✓
- Express buses
- 188th St ✓
- 73rd Avenue (QM5, QM8)
- North Shore Towers / Lakeville (QM6)
- Downtown ✓
- Water St / Gouverneur Lane plaza ✓
- Midtown ✓ ✓
- East Midtown ✓
- QM4/QM44 (QM4 ✓) (QM44 ✓)
- QM21 ✓
- QM16/QM17 ✓
- BM5 ✓
- Staten Island Express
- Before change ✓
- After change ✓
- Q55 ✓
- Q37B ✓✓
- Q26 ✓
- Hoffman Drive QM10 stop ✓
- Casey Stengel Depot and Corona Yard from Flushing Meadows footbridge ✓
- New Q23 layover area ✓ ✓
- Q41 from Rockaway Blvd IND ✓
- Far Rockaway Depot (from Beach 44th Street)
- ENY Depot and Command Center ✓
- New New Flyer XD40 (Jamaica Depot routes) ✓
- Eastchester Depot
- From Thruway ✓
- From next to it
I am not a tourist
- 1560 Broadway & I. Miller Building ✓
- 2 Times Square
- Buses in Times Square
- Buses (duh)
- Metro (double duh)
- Nationals Park
- RFK Stadium
- Brook Street Depot, Staten Island
- Jacob Riis Park ✓✓
- Hillcrest HS ✓ and Jamaica Jewish Center (HS) ✓
- East New York Transit Tech and City Line Park
- WH Maxwell HS, Jefferson HS ✓
- Martin Van Buren HS, Creedmoor South (Hillside), Hillside/Springfield medians ✓
- Green Acres Mall
- Call Box (54th Street and 32nd Avenue), Woodside NYCHA, William C. Bryant High School, Woodside.
- Category:Housing cooperatives in New York City
- Category:Student housing in New York City
- Category:NASCAR races
- File:Plate 19- Bounded by Long Island R.R., Bradford Avenue, Jaggar Avenue, Madison Avenue, Union Street, Franklin Place, Jamaica Avenue, Hillside Avenue, Remsen Avenue, Hempstead Turnpike, Crest NYPL1516387.tiff - Q58 Streetcar
- File:Plate 34- Bounded by Bischoff Pl., Lott Lane, Flushing Avenue, Lathrop Avenue, Park Avenue, Highland Avenue, Grand Avenue, Hillside Avenue, (Jamaica Estates) Madison Avenue, (Long Island NYPL1516380.tiff - Q65 streetcar
- File:Plate 41- Bounded by Bergen Landing Road, Rockaway Plank Road, Rockaway Turnpike, Meyer Avenue, New York Avenue, Farmers Avenue, Rockaway Plank Road, (Idlewild Park)Three Mile Road and NYPL1516374.tiff
- File:1873 Beers Map of Flushing and College Point, Queens, New York - Geographicus - Flushing-beers-1873.jpg
- Category:Gristedes 307 West 26th Street
Tips and observations
Sony DSC-W830 (2015-Jan 2018)
- A small, relatively inexpensive camera (sub $100) is more subtle and portable.
- A large, expensive, and bulky camera probably takes much better quality images and does it more consistently. I wouldn't know; I don't have one.
- My camera hates artificial light, natural light, and nighttime. That's why many pictures I take are on gloomy and/or rainy days.
Sony DSC-RX100 (2018-present)
- Compared to the old camera, it is cheating!
Taking shots from vehicles
- Taking pictures in a vehicle (car, bus, etc...) is more convenient insofar as you can cover more ground and see more sights. Particularly if taking pictures of buses.
- Also, it's the only way to take pictures on highways. Unless you're that daring...
- As far is picture quality, it is really hit or miss by a mile, but there are occasional gems (see sides).
- If you can, spray (clean) the windshield and open the window.
- But you can't clean bus or train windows.
- Windows reflect their surroundings. So if you take a picture through a window, you or what ever is around you may (will) end up in the shot.
- Taking pictures in a vehicle pretty much eliminates the chance of confrontation (by police, confused bus drivers, etc...)
Does anyone know what these are?
- They are call boxes.