Simo Räsänen (also known here as Ximonic) is one of many users or builders in Wikimedia projects. The user has a Finnish nationality and is a Finnish native speaker. The recommended contact language is English in case one does not speak Finnish.
Considerably, I have the most easy access to the Lapland area of Finland, Sweden and Norway. To me it is very possible to get to the southern parts of these countries too. If you have any place in mind (especially in the mentioned area) that you would like me to take photographs of don't hesitate to suggest it to me. I will look forward and consider to go there. Besides, the visit can get really interesting to me too.
- Featured pictures
- Quality images
- Valued images
- Gallery (Under construction)
- All uploaded images by the user can be found here. This content does not include derivative works of images which are originally from other users.
|Picture of the day|
|Immature bracket fungi Dryad's saddle Polyporus squamosus and beetles Diaperis boleti. Ukraine.|
Today the photographs of mine are mostly taken with:
- Canon EOS 7D DSLR.
- Canon EF-S 15–85mm f/3.5–5.6 IS USM lens (most commonly for landscapes)
- Hoya UV(0) filter
- Marumi DHG Circular PL(D) filter
- Hoya HMC NDx8 filter
- Hoya Pro1 Digital MC protector
- Hoya CIR-PL filter
- Manfrotto Art 055 tripod
- Slik Monopod 350
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 bridge digital camera (some of the older photographs are taken with this one)
Softwares used (mostly)
- Adobe Bridge / Camera Raw
Using the photographs
If you are planning to use some of the pictures by this user outside Wikimedia, please, see the licensing of each file. Crediting the original owner along with the pictures used is in accordance with good manners! In each picture, the name one should credit is announced at the Author row.
Also note that this user might have only been an editor or a maker of derivative work of a certain picture. In such case, be sure to credit the original owner primarily. Without the original taker of the photograph the derivative work wouldn't exist either!
Useful stuff (mainly for my own use)