TUSC token 3b350bcd561f1bc9ab5ef1a31d415a02
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:20, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Free Surface Effect.PNG is uncategorized since 29 May 2009.
- Image:DynamicStabilityShip.PNG was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:HMS Magnificent in a Gale.jpg was uncategorized on 13 October 2009.
- Image:St Josef Hamono.jpg was uncategorized on 10 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:43, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Carola ketch.jpg was uncategorized on 8 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:02, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:St Albans Director Augusta.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:55, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Battle of Rhode Island.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:55, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
|File:HMS Centurion (1774).jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added may soon be deleted. If you believe this file is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the file's talk page.
|File:Kolyshkin IA.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.