More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Valued image candidates
- 2 TUSC token d13d5ccb7ca712534719021f281b80e3
- 3 Tip: Categorizing images
- 4 File:Aravind hospital resize.jpg
- 5 வாழ்த்துக்கள்
- 6 Tamil Wiki Media Contest is over
- 7 Photo usage
- 8 File source is not properly indicated: File:0 Tamil Nadu Collage.jpg
- 9 File:Madurai landmarks montage.jpg
Valued image candidates
You have to create a nomination before adding on on Commons:Valued image candidates/candidate list. See the detailed process here: Commons:Valued image candidates. Thanks, Yann (talk) 16:02, 2 September 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token d13d5ccb7ca712534719021f281b80e3
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Aravind hospital resize.jpg was uncategorized on 3 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 09:33, 5 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Kutladampatti near Vadipatti by Essaar on 17102011 3.jpg was uncategorized on 18 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:29, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Kutladampatti near Vadipatti by Essaar on 17102011 1.jpg was uncategorized on 18 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:29, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Kutladampatti near Vadipatti by Essaar on 17102011 4.jpg was uncategorized on 18 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:29, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Kutladampatti near Vadipatti by Essaar on 17102011 2.jpg was uncategorized on 18 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:29, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Essaar02.jpg was uncategorized on 26 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:26, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Essaar.jpg was uncategorized on 26 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:26, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Essaar01.jpg was uncategorized on 26 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:26, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
The author is not someone called "Wiki Common" as you asserted with your upload. The author is a person, a photographer. The photographer has a name. He is calling himself TAMIZHU. It was TAMIZHU who uploaded en:File:Aravind_hospital.jpg, your source file. You maybe like to write an excuse to en:User talk:TAMIZHU that you not cared about his authorship. --Martin H. (talk) 12:48, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
|தமிழ் விக்கி ஊடகப் போட்டி பரிசு|
|தமிழ் விக்கி ஊடகப் போட்டியில் உங்களது படைப்பு - Rekla Race, Avaniyapuram, Madurai.jpg முதல் பரிசு பெற்றுள்ளது.|
பரிசுத் தொகை மற்றும் சான்றிதழை உங்களுக்கு அனுப்பி வைக்கப் பின்வரும் விவரங்களை firstname.lastname@example.org என்ற முகவரிக்கு மின்னஞ்சல் செய்யுங்கள்:
1) சான்றிதழில் இடம் பெற வேண்டிய பெயர் (தமிழில்)
2) முழு அஞ்சல் முகவரி
3) வசிக்கும் நாடு
Tamil Wiki Media Contest is over
I just wanted to say "Thank you very much" for your picture: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:An_aerial_view_of_Madurai_city_from_atop_of_Meenakshi_Amman_temple.jpg
My name is Daniel, i used that picture in my little "travel around the world" puzzle game for android.
When a player sees your image (when completing a level) there is a short sentence describing the location visible on your panorama and also you are credited directly as "Photographer". Hopefully you are fine with that, if you want any changes please contact me directly. :-)
File source is not properly indicated: File:0 Tamil Nadu Collage.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:0 Tamil Nadu Collage.jpg, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
You say this is ENTIRELY your own work. Is it? Wouldnt it be nice to give credit to the photographers, the people who made the work, the people who allowed you to reuse their work, the people who made your collage possible?? Yes, it would be nice. Its damn necessary to give attribution, the licenses on Commons require you to give attribution to the original author every time you reuse their work. Not attributing the original authors is in fact a violation of the license conditions and therefore copyright infringement. So please correct your mistake, provide the sources for all files used in the collage and attribute the authors. --Martin H. (talk) 22:50, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 17:19, 15 September 2012 (UTC)