|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:38, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:BSicon LUECKE SMT.svg was uncategorized on 13 August 2009.
- Image:BSicon uKBFe-ELEV SMT.svg was uncategorized on 13 August 2009.
- Image:BSicon uhSTR cyan.svg was uncategorized on 13 August 2009.
- Image:BSicon utENDEr.svg was uncategorized on 26 September 2009.
Hi, thank you for uploading these logo's. I see they are widely used. However, the correct license for these files would have been PD-ineligible, since they are very simple. I've already changed the licenses, so there isn't anything you have to do for now. Just keep this in mind in the future. --Vera (talk) 12:34, 24 June 2012 (UTC)