Currently, you are editing without a username. You can continue to do so, as you are not required to log in to Commons to read and edit articles; however, logging in will result in a username being shown instead of your IP address (yours is 18.104.22.168). Logging in does not require any personal details, and there are many other benefits for logging in.
When you edit pages:
- Please respect others' copyrights; do not copy and paste the contents from webpages directly.
- If you are testing, please use the Sandbox to
- Do not add unreasonable contents into any galleries, such as copyrighted text, advertisement messages, and text that is not related to an article's subject. Adding such content or editing articles maliciously is considered vandalism.
Welcome, thanks, and you should get an account! :) Renata3 03:44, 13 February 2006 (UTC)
Thank you, but if you see this, please sign your real username. --Edgar Allan Poe 10:43, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
- Well, register then, it is free and not a hard job ! --Edgar Allan Poe 22:26, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
- [Note, I have refactored that as the first was posted to the User: page!]
It's nice to be blue again. Cheers, -Will Beback 08:29, 14 December 2006 (UTC)
It is hard to for us to notice any troubles with the CAPTCHA system, because most of us do most of our editing logged-in. It would be really helpful if you could report the specific problems you have with any captchas (eg "the question was 64-5= but it didn't accept 59") so that we have some details to report to the developers, for fixing them. cheers, and happy editing, pfctdayelise (说什么?) 04:55, 2 January 2007 (UTC)
- Hello, this problem has been reported as bugzilla:8469. Please let me know if you have any more problems with CAPTCHAs, and I will add them to this report (or if you register an account with bugzilla, you can add them yourself, but I guess maybe you won't want to :)). cheers, pfctdayelise (说什么?) 10:30, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
- Hello again,
- Brion reports that cookies must be enabled. Next time you have this problem, could you please check if you have cookies enabled? (How to enable cookies in several browsers) And please let me know either way if this does or does not solve the problem. thanks, pfctdayelise (说什么?) 13:58, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
Re: William Hogarth
Greetings, and thanks for your scanning work! I have downloaded the files and prepared the description page. Please add information about the book you scanned the images from to User:Bryan/Sandbox in the source field. An ISBN, if you have that available, would be great! Feel free to change anything about that page. I'll be uploading it probably tomorrow. -- Bryan (talk to me) 21:45, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
A few things
- REGISTER for wiki and/or wiki commons. Especially if you continue to contribute more work.
- DO NOT simply 'replace' an image that someone created without contacting them and giving them a chance to update their work. In regards to the Atlas, you can supplement the Atlas with your entry, but DO NOT remove a valid entry from the Atlas.
Thanks. Rarelibra 15:23, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- You are incorrect. I edit quite regularly on Eng Wiki and images are not always simply 'replaced'. There is a thing called etiquette and respect. As far as the Atlas - you DO NOT simply remove an image and replace it - you can supplement the Atlas with another image - as I did with yours. Next time don't be so rude and inconsiderate. Rarelibra 04:02, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
- This is the thing - maybe you should have noticed that the Atlas is a compendium of images - multiple formats, multiple languages, etc. I have contributed greatly to the Atlas and never once have I removed an image (unless it was that of my own I was replacing or updating). I, too, see images that need updating - even my own. On English wiki, I don't get offended when an old one is replaced (after all, I can always go back and 'improve' upon the next one). But in the Atlas - it is different. It is a collection of works. Please keep that in mind for the future. You do good work - and would be great to work together if we ever need. But respect the Atlas. Thanks! Rarelibra 05:16, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for your contributions to Commons. However, it is recommended that you use the preview button before you save; this helps you find any errors you have made, and prevents clogging up recent changes and the page history. Thanks again.
The text written here will appear on the Recent changes page, in the page revision history, on the diff page, and in the watchlists of users who are watching that article. See m:Help:Edit summary for full information on this feature.
Filling in the Edit Summary field greatly helps your fellow contributors in understanding what you changed, so please always fill in the Edit Summary field. If you are adding a section, please do not just keep the previous section's name in the Edit Summary field - please fill in your new section's name instead. Thank you.--sevela.p 21:31, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
TUSC token 67e34b3879dc72c40589349337743ee7
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
This "TUSC" is ERRANCY and I'm only doing it so I can VVA something. 22.214.171.124 02:03, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
| This is the discussion page for an anonymous user, identified by the user's numerical IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users. If you're concerned with privacy, registering also hides your IP address.|