More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
File:Child lover's dream.jpg
I have to hope File:Child lover's dream.jpg was just a nasty way of making a point. It may not meet speedy deletion criteria, so I for one would appreciate it if you, as the uploader, will request deletion and spare us the week or so it might take us to delete it on the clear grounds of being out of scope. - Jmabel ! talk 03:10, 8 January 2011 (UTC)
- I think, don't worry, but that image was a fusion of two images that are here on commons. Of course it was a way to making a point. It was just a demonstration of the things some idiot could do here to prank the system. Of course the result was quite inappropriate. Please tell some admins to scan the various categories where humans are depicted, and delete the pictures that are not necessary for an encyclopedia. You know what they are. Arbeforth (talk) 15:32, 8 January 2011 (UTC)
You better hope there aren't any CC licensed pictures of you or your children around the web, or else someone could be tempted to legally add some material to them, and then post them here under a suitable license and on Flickr. They could claim it's all in the name of freedom. Aberforth (talk) 01:56, 8 January 2011 (UTC)
- Well if there is, there might be different cases :
- I won't have any valid reason to complain if it's in a public place (or for a public event)
- I won't have any valid reason to complain if there's something "innocent" about them.
- I will have valid reasons to ask any deletion if such pictures were taken in a private place AND if they are showing embarassing stuff I didn't agree with (unless the embarassing element is something digitally added and if it's clearly stated that there was a digital manipulation).
- As for DRs on Commons (since I suppose your comment is about that), I try to think about these different situations before giving my opinion.
- And after all, there's also, sometimes, a question of self-responsability of one's acts : it's sometimes a bit too easy and hypocrit to complain about the diffusion of embarassing pictures when you do such things in public ! --TwoWings * to talk or not to talk... 09:33, 8 January 2011 (UTC)