|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Please do not upload logos
Afrikaans | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Ελληνικά | English | español | suomi | français | עברית | हिन्दी | magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | македонски | Nederlands | polski | português | svenska | +/−
the following content you uploaded is not free and therefore had to be deleted:
- emblem of Chung Ling High Schoo
The Wikimedia Commons (this website) only hosts media files which can be used for any purpose, including:
- use in any work, regardless of content
- creation of derivative works
- commercial use
- free distribution
See Commons:Licensing for the copyright policy on the Wikimedia Commons. Some other Wikimedia projects have different licensing policies. For example, the English Wikipedia allows fair use of sounds and photographs. This is not the case on the Wikimedia Commons: "fair use" materials are not acceptable here.
Please make sure that you only upload works you have created yourself, those which are out of copyright, or those for which you have the required permission for the work to be used in all the ways described above. Again, please read through Commons:Licensing, which is quite crucial to understanding how the Wikimedia Commons works. Thanks for your contribution, and please do leave me a message if you have further questions. Jastrow (Λέγετε)
- Thanks for your prompt remarks. Concerning copyright issues, more details would be welcome, especially about the logo's author. If the logo is anonymous or made on hire, the term of copyright is 120 years from date of creation according to US law; the term of protection granted by the Berne Convention is the life of the author and 50 years after his death.
- The main problem is concerns trademark protection. I assume you are refering to this when you state there are no specific reservations, “provided that the image is not modified from its original form”. The creation of derivative works must be allowed for the picture to be really free.
- If you think there is any doubt regarding this trademark problem, please say so. I will restore the picture and we can discuss this with the community. Jastrow (Λέγετε) 18:28, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
- Er, I was refering to the original author, viz. the one who drew the logo in the first place. As the discussion is becoming more complex, I restored the picture and asked for its deletion through Commons:Deletion requests. That way, other members of the community can have their say about it. Please state all your arguments in favout of this picture at Commons:Deletion requests/Image:Chunglinghighschool.gif. Jastrow (Λέγετε) 12:59, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:Chunglinghighschool.gif has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
This is an automated message from BryanBot. 14:23, 10 February 2007 (UTC)