User talk:Adambro/Archive 3
- 1 Re: Taxwoman, Poetlister etc.
- 2 User:Dramatique
- 3 User: Jane Austen
- 4 TUSC token ff2f4bd9c9327dcbb05c9ffcbaa7f68b
- 5 Image:Hatfield-rbw.jpg
- 6 Image:Man Utd FC .svg
- 7 Template:Simonedwards
- 8 unjustified deletion of Alba_playboy.jpg
- 9 explanations and demands about J Alba pictures
- 10 Image:Playboymarch06.jpg
- 11 Image:Jessycaexterior.jpg
- 12 OTRS
- 13 copyvio's
- 14 Use of your photo
- 15 Image protection
- 16 Attack Cake
- 17 use of photo
- 18 What Images?
- 19 Answer
- 20 Deletion
- 21 Image Permission Request
- 22 picture of Sven Helbig
- 23 Permission to use photo on website for Fair Trading Schools Competition
- 24 delete image
- 25 Deletion of some Scientology images
- 26 Permission for use of "Slackline highline Tisa CZE" image
Re: Taxwoman, Poetlister etc.
I replied on my talk page. Shalom Yechiel 06:56, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- Okay thanks, I've got your talk page on my watchlist. Adambro 08:25, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for deleting that last picture of me on my talk page posted by user:Dramatique. He was an abusive sockpuppeteer on another few wiki's (a checkuser would confirm this) who has taken a liking to trolling against me, since I'm the one who blocked him on one of the wikipedia's.
I don't mind his photoshops, some are actually quite good and I'm flattered that he seems to like looking at me so much, but his silly squabbles shouldn't have dragged you into this.
If you want any more info (checkuser, previous accounts/vandalism), just ask. --Gwib 20:08, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- This should tell you what kind of a person he is. I want to have nothing to do with him or his poor photoshopped images of me and my friends. --Gwib 05:19, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
User: Jane Austen
Question from a newbie.
You have marked Peony In Love.jpg for deletion. I don't understand the violation here. Lisa See has the copyright to her web site. She gave me permission to use the book icons from this site. Why isn't this adequate?
Thanks for your help. Jane Austen 20:46, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
TUSC token ff2f4bd9c9327dcbb05c9ffcbaa7f68b
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
|Image deletion warning||Image:Hatfield-rbw.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Image:Man Utd FC .svg
Hey, the logo was from Wiki england Lmyrne 19:25, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- I've made two-way contact with the photographer and am in the process of getting a satisfactory OTRS confirmation of the licenses. I'll look to remind him that I'm waiting a reply from him regarding this. Regards. Adambro 20:08, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
unjustified deletion of Alba_playboy.jpg
You just deleted the image.
I think there must be a mistake, since the image has been once placed in a trial ordered by the actress. So the image, is not Playboy Inc property any more, and since Jessica Alba agree the use of it at the end of the trial, you just have not to classify it copyrighted by definition !
It would be glad to reinstaure the picture thanks, Martialist (user)
explanations and demands about J Alba pictures
I wanted to explain me after the incident we get throught last tuesday 29 may.
It is right I submitted twice the images, i am sorry i did not explain you before.
In the images I submitted, the first one called janight was not from me, it is right. But I trully think the user on flicker is mistaken about the "all rights reserved frpom this image".
For the second image, actually it was i who took the picture, but a friend of mine put it on flicker. That's why i indicated two different things about the rights in wikicommons. This image (Jessicaexterior.jpg) can be put on wikicommons, I believe.
For the third image, I actually have writen a demand to Playboy Society. If they give the rights, I let you know, since the american version of wikipedia has obtained the right to publish it ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Alba It would be insane we cannot publish it on the french article.
So I understand I make a mistake for the first image, but for the two over, I think you overreacted. I am not an admisnistrator, but I don't think the ban of people who contribute positively to the wiki projects is a good advertisement in the internet. So, I would be happy to pursue my path with wiki whitout being banned whitout a little explanation before.
Firstly, I would appreciate you read my message entirely. You said :
“The statement from PLAYBOY is not satisfactory, it is clear that the company has not agreed to release the image under an acceptable license and I've therefore deleted it. To quickly respond to one of the points raised in relation to this image, it is used under the legal defence of fair use on the English Wikipedia and I understand that fair use is only allowed in a few limited circumstances on the French Wikipedia which wouldn't allow this image to be used unless it is available under an acceptable free license; unfree images can't be hosted on Commons. Adambro 21:53, 3 June 2008 (UTC)”
But I put with the image all the statement published by : Tanya Robinson Lead Researcher Rights & Permissions Playboy Enterprises, Inc. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org You can contact her saying you are an administrator of wikicommons, if you want to verify.
You said " unfree images can't be hosted on Commons" : So what is there licenses for images with copyright? I found the right license ( adapted mostly I think) with the right marker, it took me some time to do the research. All images are not free Gnu, from personnal work on commons, and I think you perfectly know it.
I am sorry we come to that, but either you put the image on wiki french at the right place if you don't want it in commons, because Playboy Inc agree clearly to that in the mail they send me, or either I will make a demand to explain your acts of injustified deletion (it is the third time !!!) in front to other administrators. I do not make vandalism, I make articles and generally it takes time to consider to revoke someone contribution.
If you really are in a crusade against images with some rights reserved, then at the limit, and in your own rule as an administrator, please take the time to indicate how to put the picture to the french wikipedia where it belongs rightfully .
I am not an administrator, but I believe Wiki projects are based on democracy, and on other participation.
You said with the full suspicion I can understand from you :
"If you took this photo could you please explain how it appears at http://www.flickr.com/photos/18591758@N00/94753844/? Thanks. Adambro 21:57, 3 June 2008 (UTC)"
Simply, I published it on my website. Someone visited it throught google typing maybe something like "jessica alba", downloaded it, and with the light rights of image policies of flickr, he uploaded there. I know a friend of mine had made it, but to my mind he did not think of image rights as we both do.
The link you give to me clearly is not a friend of mine, but I was not surprised to find it there. You know, the web, outside commons, is "free at will of images rights". But I think you are aware of that.
Now, with all your powers of administrator, you can do whatever you want !
Can you check OTRS on Image:LateDevonianGlobal.jpg. I would like to know if the permission also covers this version as well . If so, could you copy it to Commons as well? 126.96.36.199 15:53, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- The permission seems okay, the creator has stated that they agree to release the work "Global Paleogeographic Views of Earth History" under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 license. It would appear that the image to which you refer also forms part of this work so should also be available under CC-BY-SA-3.0. Hope this helps. I'll have to leave uploading the additional image to you I'm afraid. Adambro (talk) 18:58, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Hello. Since a couple of weeks I'm trying to get all of my 2007 photos deleted because they have wrong licensing information (instead of GFDL they have CC-BY-SA-NC). A deletionn request revealed nothing. I even tried to contact a german admin. With no results. Please help me getting all the photos of 2007 deleted. Fabelfroh (talk) 08:18, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
- Just picking one of the images at random, Image:Stethophyma grossum maennchen.jpeg, what is wrong with this image? Adambro (talk) 11:54, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
- I accidently tagged most images of 2007 with GFDL instead of my modified CC-BY-SA license, which was rejected 3 months ago. So I either have to retag all those images with the unaccepted CC-By-SA-NC license or should put a DELETION request immediately because they would be deleted whatsoever. Another example: Image:Scorpidium_scorpioides_lamina.jpeg You may ask why I accidently tagged most of the 2007 photos with GFDL? I simply used the wrong template... My fault. But since all of my photos of 2008 are already removed the photos of 2007 must follow. Fabelfroh (talk) 13:55, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
- I had a template with wrong licensing information (GFDL instead of CC-BY-SA-NC) on my user page for a long time which I used for the uploaded photos. At some point I recognized that it was wrong but changing the licensing information for 400 photos is quite a work! I'm referring to all photos on this page. Photos prior to this are not affected. Fabelfroh (talk) 08:36, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
Use of your photo
Hi. :-) I just thought I'd let you know that I have used one of your photographs (EMT HST 43058 Leicester AB1.JPG) as the basis for a virtual jigsaw puzzle on a Facebook application called Puzzle Bee. You can check it out here, though you may need to join Facebook and install the application, if you have not already done so. I have given you credit for the photo. ;-) I am on Wikipedia with username Leevclarke. 188.8.131.52 16:14, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Please lift it. There is nothing on COM:P that justifies the protection. Titoxd(?!?) 18:31, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
We are SMART technologies ULC distributors in Baltic States, Europe and we have every rights to use any SMART Technologies picture, logo or whatever it is.
Thank You for Your concern,
use of photo
Dear sir/madam, My name is Maytal Shalev, and I am a writer for an Israeli News Paper ( www.ynet.co.il - I write for the online magazine). I have recently been asked to write a report on the world naked bike ride. Resulting from that, I wish to publish you'r photo along with my article. If you could give me you'r confirmation to use this photo i'll be greatfull. my e-mail is email@example.com
Maytal Shalev -- מיטל
What Images? I didn't understand.
I did this because I had put the wrong categories and I wanted to create a new right image and delete the other wrong. But I can not exclude my pictures.
The permissions that I have to post these images are allocated from Google Earth. As Google Earth is a program public, publish images given him wouldn't have problems.
Image Permission Request
I am requesting permission to use an image of P.J. O'Rourke  The image is being used in a series of Election Guides, our organization, Public Agenda [publicagenda.org] will place on our website.
If you have additional questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Regards, Sanura Weathers
picture of Sven Helbig
Hello Adambro. I would like to use the uploaded photo of Sven Helbig on my German article about him. I contacted the photografer and he send his License form to Wikimedia Commons. Could you find out please why I still can not use the photo? Kindest regards.My eMail is email@example.com --Karstengroebe (talk) 07:54, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
Permission to use photo on website for Fair Trading Schools Competition
Hi there, My name is Cameron, I am currently a year 10 student at the Queensland Academy for Creative Industries in Australia. As part of on of my subjects, I have to enter a competition. The topic I have chosen for my entry is Animal treatment, in particular animal testing. The entry is in the format of a web site, and I was wondering if I you could give me permission to use the image on <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:DraizeTest-PETA.jpg> in my website. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org Please contact me with your response before the 9th of September at the latest.
Cameron Dunlop --184.108.40.206 04:43, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- That file is public domain. You do not have to ask permission to use it. -Nard the Bard 08:08, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello, I'm writing to you since your name appears as an english-speaking administrator. I hope you can help me. I have uploader a file with a typo, and so I have once again uploaded it. Since there are now two versions, could you delete the erronious one (Image:Pancràtor de taüll.jpg), or tell me how to do so? Thank you.--Espencat (talk) 22:20, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
Deletion of some Scientology images
Permission for use of "Slackline highline Tisa CZE" image
I'm having trouble contacting someone regarding use of the aforementioned image. Do you have a OTRS account?
The image of concern:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Slackline_highline_Tisa_CZE.jpg Image:Slackline highline Tisa CZE.jpg
"The permission for use of this work has been archived in the Wikimedia OTRS system; it is available as ticket 2008071610026684 for users with an OTRS account. To confirm the permission, please contact someone with an OTRS account."
I'm also new to Wiki so I'm not familiar with how communication works. Can you email me at email@example.com?
Kind regards Susanna username: Ots667