A kitten for you!
kitten for me
|File:Wikidata statement.svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Wikidata map creator
I've tried to recreate File:Wikidata Map April 2016 Normal.png, but haven't got it working. I've so far downloaded https://github.com/wikimedia/analytics-wmde-toolkit-analyzer , compiled it with maven and downloaded the Wikidata dump. May you please update the howto?--Kopiersperre (talk) 13:36, 13 October 2016 (UTC)
- Hi! So you need to use the java code to generate the data for the python script which then generates the map! The python script being https://github.com/wikimedia/analytics-wmde-toolkit-analyzer/blob/master/geo2png.py I am going to generate some new maps in the next week so I will update the README file in include more information when I do! ·addshore· talk to me! 12:07, 17 October 2016 (UTC)
I clicked on unified account link on your page only to receive notification that my account has been merged with yours on all Wikimedia sites. I hope that did not happen, and I have no clue how to undo it if it did. --Susanna Ånäs (Susannaanas) (talk) 07:33, 19 November 2016 (UTC)
- Haha! Do not worry, our accounts have not merged! ·addshore· talk to me! 11:58, 19 November 2016 (UTC)
Wikidata Map November 2017 Normal.png
Hello Addshore, thank you very much for this really nice picture. Could you publish the code that you used to create this map? I guess it could be interested for some other contributors that would like to create similar maps with other filters. Pamputt (talk) 10:42, 17 December 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Pamputt. You can read my series of blog posts about the map @ https://addshore.com/category/wikidata-map/
- There is a post talking about rewriting the map code back in 2015 @ https://addshore.com/2015/06/wikidata-map-19-months-on/
- The code can be found @ https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/ADTA/
- Perhaps I should write something up about how you get from the code to a map? Would that be useful?
- ·addshore· talk to me! 11:16, 21 December 2017 (UTC)