Hi Adville, thank you for uploading your photograph to Commons. Please, if possible, avoid digital watermarks in images including those which display the current date. The date is recorded anyway in the EXIF meta data and does not need to be duplicated within the image. And, if you photograph an autograph, it would be kind if you could transcribe it in the image's description. Thanks again for your contribution and welcome to Commons. Regards, AFBorchert (talk) 09:59, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Hallundakyrkans entre 2006.jpg was uncategorized on 23 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:The grave of Harald Edelstam 11 september 2010.JPG was uncategorized on 3 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
Please remain calm and collegial
It is important to keep a cool head, especially when responding to comments against you or your edits. Personal attacks and disruptive comments only escalate a situation; please keep calm and remember that action can be taken against other parties if necessary. Please try to remain civil with your comments. Thanks!
- Please explain what you mean with this. You told me you would get some other admin to look at the discussion, and 2 days later nothing has happened, while you were very fast to reply on svwp. I do behave civil and you do not have to threaten me over and over again. Act, and ask the other admins to check what is happening. Please be civil and akt like a good admin and talk to others not involved in this to check it. That is how I and other admins do on svwp when involved in a conflict (however this conflict started by you on svwp by bossing around there with the most experienced admins on svwp). Adville (talk) 09:43, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
Please be civil
You are acting in an uncivil manner. Please remain civil and don't resort to making personal attacks or instigate edit wars. If your behaviour is not moderated, you may be blocked from further editing.
- Sorry I forgot to sign that post. Will do that next time. Adville (talk) 15:01, 28 February 2018 (UTC)
- Or, Sealle, did you feel offended by my explanation? It was just an explanation why I wanted to know. If you feel offended by that I suggest you ask another admin to look at it. You are the other part here and to start threatening with blockings is not the correct way to do. That is a way of abusing your admin rights which I think could be a cause for being warned. So please keep calm and COM:AGF. Best regards Adville (talk) 17:05, 28 February 2018 (UTC)