More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:35, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Matsubarabasi 02.jpg is uncategorized since 12 June 2009.
- Image:Matsubarabasi 03.jpg is uncategorized since 12 June 2009.
- Image:Matsubarabasi 01.jpg is uncategorized since 15 June 2009.
- Image:Yuyake-koyake Stele 01.jpg was uncategorized on 23 September 2009.
- Image:Tottori Expressway -02.jpg was uncategorized on 4 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. -- Common Good (talk) 19:07, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
Thanks you for the rename requests to correct those Japanese photographs. I have declined the rename requests as, although not perfect, the file names are sufficient. Renaming files can easily cause problems by preventing people from finding the file, so it is only done when really necessary. But your corrections and translations look most suitable for repairing the file descriptions. I have copied your suggested filenames into the description field instead. Can you clarify one thing for me, some of the original file names appeared to translate better (using google) if I told it that they were written in Chinese rather than Japanese. Do you think that they were written by a Chinese speaker perhaps? It might just be the limitations of the google translator. Anyway your translations were much better, it would be great if you could correct any errors that I made in copying them, and add any more information (in Japanese or English or any other language) to those pages. Thanks again :-) --Tony Wills (talk) 09:23, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you, understanding. I think they are Chinese. They don't know Japanese, wrong to use Japanese.
- I can only a little English, sorry. Thanks again. (^-^) --Aimaimyi (talk) 15:28, 28 May 2011 (UTC)
Not sure about your suggestion
You suggested me on my discussion page as "適切なカテゴリ分類をお願いします。Harani0403さんが投稿される多くのファイルのカテゴリが過剰な分類になっているなど、問題があります", but I'm not sure what you're talking about. Could you show some examples of "多くのファイルのカテゴリが過剰な分類になっているなど、問題があります" in particular and also your saying "problem-free" Categories for them here on your page, please? Thanks a lot, --Harani0403 (talk) 06:03, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
- Please refer to "what? / whom?".
- 「what? / whom?（なに？）」をお読みください。--Aimaimyi (talk) 15:12, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- Japanese law, the sentence is subject to copyright. Thank you.--Aimaimyi (talk) 01:25, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
- It is a real disappointment.
- Japanese copyright law applies to all creations, and then Interior decoration and containers may be copyrighted. It applies regardless of the intent of the author. Can not use them do not declare a waiver of copyright.
- All people are not free to shoot indoors. Indoor shooting permit is required in Japan.
- I learned, that the Commons Copyright neglect. If Commons encounter a problem, I will not support.--Aimaimyi (talk) 15:59, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
Hello! Thank you for rename.
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.