|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 05:38, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Esplanade at CanalSide.jpg is uncategorized since 10 July 2009.
- Image:KeenanFountain.jpg was uncategorized on 7 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:HamptonPrestonHouse.jpg was uncategorized on 13 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:SCstatemuseum.jpg was uncategorized on 4 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Signers Monument.jpg was uncategorized on 30 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 1 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:OldacademyofRichmondCountry.jpg was uncategorized on 3 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 4 July 2011 (UTC)
All your images have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
Your account will be renamed
19:43, 17 March 2015 (UTC)