More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 17:56, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Clarks Joyance 1950s.jpg was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:51, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Start-rite Louisa traditional bar shoes or "Mary-Jane" shoes.jpg was uncategorized on 1 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Basil Temple Blackwood 1916.jpg was uncategorized on 26 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Wolf cub's handbook.png was uncategorized on 30 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
Should be OK
- You are very welcome. Should we find the geodata for it and add the location?--Canoe1967 (talk) 15:07, 23 April 2013 (UTC)
|File:Basil Temple Blackwood 1916.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.