More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 08:11, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Stazione treni 14012012.JPG was uncategorized on 14 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Staz.di bonefro-quello che resta 14012012.JPG was uncategorized on 14 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:PIAZZALE STAZIONE BONEFRO.JPG was uncategorized on 14 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
Categorie delle immagini
Ciao, ti faccio notare che se un'immagine è posta in una categoria NON VA MESSA anche in una categoria superiore. Ad esempio le immagini poste in Category:Larino train station non vanno messe anche nella Category:Campobasso-Termoli railway, perché la prima categoria è una sottocategoria della seconda. Grazie.--Friedrichstrasse (talk) 18:01, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
Monument of Nizami Ganjavi
Buongiorno, Alfaveyron. I'm user from Azerbaijan. The last year in your city, in your beautiful city was erected a monument of a very famous Azerbaijani poet Nizami Ganjavi. This monument was erected in Villa Borghese park (in Viale Madama Letizia). Could you make a photo of this monument and upload it to the Commons? Grazie per il vostro tempo)) --Interfase (talk) 16:48, 6 January 2013 (UTC)