Thanks for linking to the Wikipedia article. I usually do that, but musta forgot. :) Btw, you don't need to add the "en:". Just using "w:" makes it go to the English Wikipedia. I just checked some of the other language commons, and apparently they all default to the English Wikipedia when you use "w:". Which I didn't know, so thanks for getting me to learn something new. Cheers! :) --Ebyabe 17:04, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for clearing up the situation with the National Governors Association account. I thought they were associated and certain governors had released their photographs to the public. I just thought they were nice pictures! --Tennisace101 9 June 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:James O. Broadhead.jpg was uncategorized on 1 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ever22162guybradley.jpg was uncategorized on 6 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:John Horton Slaughter.jpg was uncategorized on 18 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 19 July 2011 (UTC)