More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot
File:VerboteneStadtGoogleEarth.JPG has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk. blocked from editing.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Mareta Teguise.jpg was uncategorized on 8 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Jameos del Agua eingang.JPG was uncategorized on 8 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Kirche Son Martegn (Savognin) nacht.jpg was uncategorized on 8 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
Images in signatures
Just a quick note to let you know that images are not permitted in signatures, for a whole list of reasons (see Commons:Signatures). If you still would like a picture of an aeroplane in your sig, you could use the Unicode U+2708 "✈" instead. Cheers, and sorry to be a bother, Inductiveload (talk) 17:43, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thans, Inductiveload, I' ve already changed it. (As you can see →) amargeddon6 ✈ 20:16, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Deletion of McLaren photo
After seeing your talkpage note, and also noticing that KevinRachel has never responded to anything, I put File:Mp412c base.jpg up for deletion - I don't really want the picture to go, but it's clearly a copyvio. The rest of this user's uploads do seem legit, however, all but one taken with the same camera and edited with the same software. Cheers, Mr.choppers (talk) 19:27, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
File:Flugzeug unten.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.