More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Monks Brook North of Fleming Arms.jpg was uncategorized on 16 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
Please do not overwrite files
I noticed that you uploaded a file using the name File:Monks Brook North of Fleming Arms.jpg. A file by this name already existed on Commons. Overwriting an existing file should not be done except when making minor, uncontroversial corrections, so the file has been restored to its previous version. If the file that you attempted to upload is within our project scope and is in the public domain or published under a free license, please upload it again under a different name. Thank you.
For more information, please see Commons:Overwriting files.
I had previously,in 2007, uploaded Red Rocks Grateful Dead 8-11-1987 deadhead girl with basket-tray handing out roses at Red Rocks, Morrison Colorado.jpg, where she is NOT handing them out but is selling them so, please accept the file-name correction and if so TiA --deadhead (talk) 16:11, 3 September 2012 (UTC)