More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
You were not blocked, but given how many times the file is used, it had to be locked so instead of users going back and forth over colors (like what has happened in the past), we can decided then change. User:Zscout370 (Return fire) 15:51, 8 February 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Sample PRC Flag.svg was uncategorized on 8 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:55, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- Image:CU.png was uncategorized on 18 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:White Dove.svg was uncategorized on 22 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:39, 23 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Green New Moon.png was uncategorized on 25 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 26 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Golden-ROC-Emblem.svg was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:01, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, you're right. But I don't know how to make the background white, sigh Andyso (talk) 11:42, 12 February 2011 (UTC)
The image File:Hong Kong Skyline Panorama - Dec 2008.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Hong Kong Skyline Panorama - Dec 2008.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.