- 1 Welcome!
- 2 TUSC token a1b291db7b28819ab1b977e89a955f97
- 3 TUSC token 43edd33421f4d00d8615da64a01a5c28
- 4 Category
- 5 Autopatrol given
- 6 Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Couple_outside_my_window_(4904452799).jpg
- 7 Question
- 8 Your photo
- 9 The X Factor world map.png
- 10 Thanks
- 11 Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
- 12 Thankee
- 13 Strange fishy sculptures / Liquidity
- 14 A you going to move manually over 1 265 200 files?
- 15 British listed buildings photos
(Heh, just realised you have far more contribs over here than me, so "welcome" is maybe a little wrong, but good to see a friendly face, anyway!)
- Well, thank you, it's about time someone welcomed me here!!! Oh, that wasn't him again was it?! Tsk!!! AnemoneProjectors (talk) 19:07, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
TUSC token a1b291db7b28819ab1b977e89a955f97
TUSC token 43edd33421f4d00d8615da64a01a5c28
Not restored category ! ron_whisky 16:06, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Why not? I don't see any reason for the category to have been emptied in the first place. "Actresses in England" is not a parent category of "Actresses from the United Kingdom borm in YYYY" so no need to remove it from categories and images. Same goes for actors. AnemoneProjectors (talk) 17:40, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. odder (talk) 12:33, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks :-) I am an admin on English Wikipedia after all ;) AnemoneProjectors (talk) 12:39, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
Hi there, two photos of yours are nominated for deletion at Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Couple_outside_my_window_(4904452799).jpg. You may be interested in looking, as it will likely affect your other photos which you have kindly made available under a free licence. You may also be interested in Commons:Requests for comment/images of identifiable people. russavia (talk) 02:02, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
- No problem. I regularly check Commons for my photos and tag/categorise/etc them accordingly :-) AnemoneProjectors (talk) 09:23, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
The X Factor world map.png
Hi, I noticed the map was not up to date, so I decided to make some corrections. As far as the upcoming versions are concerned, we could decide which version is likely to begin or is already begun (Israel, I think) and painting it dark blue scrapping from the map upcoming version scheduled for 2014 (Vietnam). What do you think about?--Carnby (talk) 09:39, 30 September 2013 (UTC)
- I put the following countries in green since I was not sure the version had already started:
- Vietnam (scheduled for 2014);
- Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia (joint version).
- Should I put the first five in dark blue, Vietnam in grey (or dark blue?) and the Balkan countries in light blue?--Carnby (talk) 14:38, 30 September 2013 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- <Wikibase-terms/AnemoneProjectors>: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.
I uploaded a picture of yours from Flickr [File:Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher plaque.jpg], do let me know if I did it wrong or I incorrectly attributed it. Such great photos of Hampstead, I really want to add more of them! Gareth E Kegg (talk) 22:09, 30 August 2014 (UTC)
- That's fine. I semi-regularly search Commons for any photos that have been uploaded from my Flickr, so if I need to do cleanups of image descriptions (so they're more Commons appropriate) or change categories, then I'll do it then. I always change my Flickr name to my Commons signature too, so people on here can contact me on here if they find one of my photos and want to contact me, so don't worry about how the attribution is displayed either. Just feel free to upload any of my other photos and I'll change anything like that later. AnemoneProjectors (talk) (Flickr) 22:25, 30 August 2014 (UTC)
Strange fishy sculptures / Liquidity
I don't mind if you want to rename it. I suppose the text associated with the file should contain words that people searching for it might possibly use. The current title seems to me to identify the picture unambiguously, which seems enough to me. JMiall (talk) 17:01, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not bothered really, but a lot of my photos get uploaded with the "GOC [whatever]" name, which is usually unrelated to the subject of the photo, it's just the walk I was on at the time. So that's usually the part I see and think "I wish they'd changed that when it was upoaded to Commons". But it's not a huge deal. I'm glad to know what the sculpture is now. AnemoneProjectors (talk) (Flickr) 18:16, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
- Do you happen to have a photo of Totem by the same artist from nearby? JMiall (talk) 19:23, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
A you going to move manually over 1 265 200 files?
This user had duplicated his Users categories.
- a Category:Uploaded by user Fæ -- contains about ~200 files
- a Category:Images uploaded by Fæ -- contains over 1 265 200 files.
- No, I'm just trying to revert the ones you moved over with Cat-a-lot, but couldn't find a way to do it other than manually. I redirected Category:Uploaded by user Fæ to Category:Images uploaded by Fæ and shouldn't have done, so your actions were basically my mistake. But fewer than 200 files were affected and I've very nearly finished. AnemoneProjectors (talk) (Flickr) 18:35, 21 August 2015 (UTC)
- By the way, the user hasn't duplicated them, but a bot created Category:Uploaded by user Fæ, which actually User:Fæ doesn't want. I noticed the category and redirected it, which effectively meant Fæ's files got placed in a parent category where Fæ didn't want them. Which is why I'm doing what I'm doing. AnemoneProjectors (talk) (Flickr) 18:39, 21 August 2015 (UTC)
British listed buildings photos
Hello, I created [[Category:Photos from British Listed Buildings]] (similar to the Geograph images categories) so that all of the photos are grouped together in case they need to be found quickly. As far as I can tell, you are the only other person to upload photos from British Listed Buildings. Was it a good idea for me to create a category for the photos? There were only four photos from British Listed Buildings that I could find on Wikimedia Commons, are there any others? Pjposullivan (talk) 04:19, 17 December 2015 (UTC)