Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:37, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Seligerbernhard1.jpg is uncategorized since 22 March 2009.
- Image:Seligerbernhard2.jpg is uncategorized since 22 March 2009.
- Image:Heldcarneval.jpg was uncategorized on 21 August 2009.
- Image:Leprosorium.jpg was uncategorized on 27 August 2009.
- Image:Einsiedelei-gurnemanz.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Wahnwegen091025.jpg was uncategorized on 25 October 2009.
- Image:Alsweiler091025.jpg was uncategorized on 25 October 2009.
The image File:Schwappender Wein.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Schwappender Wein.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
Quality Image Promotion
If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
The image Image:Auf dem Gehrenberg 6.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/Image:Auf dem Gehrenberg 6.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
- Ein ganz herzliches Dankeschön für die beiden Nominierungen. Das mit der Qualität hatte ich zunächst nicht bemerkt, das mit dem FP sehr spät. Da ich selber Probleme habe, meine eigenen Sachen zu beurteilen, habe ich mich wirklich über die Nominierung gefreut, die Diskussionen dann interessiert verfolgt und mich heute Mittag über die Annahme natürlich auch sehr gefreut. --Dietrich Krieger (talk) 22:18, 3 March 2011 (UTC)