Our first steps tour and our FAQ will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy. You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold contributing here and assume good faith for the intentions of others. This is a wiki—it is really easy.
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 12:27, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
|Pay attention to copyright||Image:Baptlogo.gif has been marked as a copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content, that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. For images, you may find Commons:Image casebook useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added will soon be deleted. If you believe this image is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the image description page.
-Tryphon (talk) 21:39, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
- Das ist nun mal das Logo einer ehemaligen Behörde und unterliegt der Lizenz, die auch unten am Bild steht - ist als public domain. --Angie (talk) 21:21, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
This will make the diagram show up in the categories "Astronomical diagrams" and "Comets".
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Marterle Rangersdorf2.jpg was uncategorized on 30 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Marterle Rangersdorf.jpg was uncategorized on 30 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
Quality Image Promotion
Your image has been reviewed and promoted
Congratulations! Heiligenblut kirche2.jpg, which was produced by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status.
If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
We also invite you to take part in the categorization of recently promoted quality images.